Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Monday?

Why not? We had the superbowl yesterday and tomorrow we have the super Tuesday election to help determine the nominee from both the Democratic and Republican parties. Therefore, this day, Monday, is sandwiched in between the two super days. But then again, the word super is pretty much thrown around in all kinds of connections. But first, the game. Here's my take. The preliminary stuff which accounted for four hours before the game started was so lame and to me, downright insulting, I turned it off and waited for the game to come on. I was pulling for Eli first, only because I like his family, along with the fact that he and his team were called perhaps the biggest under dog since the first games between the NFL and the AFL.

To be honest I didn't really have a strong feeling one way or the other but I did end up getting myself all worked up towards the end of the game. What a nail biter! What a finish! And, what a win for the Giants and Eli Manning! It wasn't supposed to play out the way it did but the game itself, including the first half which was mostly defensive in nature, was one that kept me interested and I put it right up there with some of the most exciting I've watched. The Giants in this game became the giant killer and as the Boston Globe paper puts it, they derailed history. We do love seeing the high and mighty brought down, don't we? That is, unless of course the high and mighty happens to be our team.

But the superbowl is history and super Tuesday will no doubt have a much more lasting impact on the future of our nation. The other evening I groaned my way through one hour of the debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. I stayed watching it as long as I could tolerate it as they mostly attempted to 'out liberal' one another while pouring vile contempt on our sitting president. For years the conservatives have been saying that the lefties dislike for President Bush is more of an obsession than it is a disgreement with his policies. In that debate the hatred for the man himself seemed to be their point. At any rate, I stayed as long as I could but when my gag reflux control reached its maximum capacity I had to surf over to something less toxic.

I do hope you have a super Monday and that you will realize how super abudantly blessed we are by our Great God. One way to make sure you are around to enjoy those super blessings is to stay away from the super sizing down at the drive through window. I can say that now since my wife lately is expressing concern over how much weight I have lost, and is actually talking about finding ways to add back some meat on my bones. She has threatened to start cooking again! This discussion about me losing weight might be called a super situation since it most certainly falls into the category of: "Who would have ever thought that would happen?" Have a blessed week and if I don't blow away on this windy day, see you again real soon. ......More later.

No comments: