Monday, February 18, 2008

Bloviated Blogging (Happy 200th!)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: 1. 200 (two hundred) is the natural number following 199 and preceding 201. Roman numerals: CC 2. The number appears in the Padovan sequence, preceded by 86, 114, 151 (it is the sum of the first two of these). 3. The sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first twenty-five integers is 200. 4. 200 is the smallest base 10 unprimeable number - it can not be turned into a prime number by changing just one of its digits to any other digit. It is also a Harshad number. Two hundred is also: 5. A common ISO-standard film speed for photographic films. However, 200 speed film is being phased out in consumer films in favor of faster films. 6. A denomination of the euro note. The 200 euro note was designed by Robert Kalina. 7. The size of one side of the main square in Kraków, Poland (200 m×200 m). 8. 200 MeV is the temperature of quark-gluon plasma phase transition. 9. The name for a car made by Rover, called the Rover 200. 10. An HTTP status code indicating a successful connection. 11.The sum of dollars given in the classical Monopoly game to a player passing Go. 12. A cholesterol level of 200 and below is considered "Desirable level corresponding to lower risk for heart disease". 13. "200" is the title of an episode of the television show Stargate SG-1. 14. The number of NASCAR races won by Richard Petty. 15. 200 is also the number of blogs written as of February 18, 2008, by a fellow who calls himself, Sixty Plus, in a blog entitled The View From Here. (Not included in the Wikipedia article but should have been.)

Yes, today I complete the 200th episode of my mostly mediocre meanderings from the life and times of only one of the 6, 651, 349, 655 people who breathe air on our planet. (estimated population count by the U. S. Census Bureau as of 5:42 a.m., 02-18-2008) That’s quite a remarkable number whenever you contemplate that less than forty years ago it was less than 4 billion. What’s even more mind boggling is to consider God’s knowledge of each and every person and His love for each one and His provision of salvation through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is able to save any and all who come to Him. And, while I am only one out of the nearly 7 billion who occupy space here on earth, God has a specific plan for me and He is not too busy with other folk to hear me, care for me, and respond as I seek Him. Now that’s what I call amazing! No wonder we call it Amazing Grace!

For those who have read many of my musings, I do hope you have been informed here and there, perhaps learned an anecdote or two, found a quip or story that brought a smile, or have been encouraged to see and seek God each day of your life. I will admit I have at times suffered from ‘blogger’s block’ but that didn’t keep me from writing anyway, and I am more than certain you recognized that in the materials I’ve published. However, it has been a real joy for me to pass on some of what ping pongs around in my head and that which springs forth from a heart desiring to honor God and be of help to others.

I know my mom enjoys reading what I write. That’s what moms do. My wife enjoys them also and sends me an email about them nearly every day. My three sons comment on them from time to time and I’ve even heard one fellow at our Church recommending them to other folks as part of their daily intake of information. Some days I have expressed the blessings of joy God has given. On other days I have shared the depths of sadness felt in dealing with pain and loss. These are the realities of the chapters that make up the story of our sojourn here, but for those of us who have placed our trust in God’s Son, this life of ups and downs is only a wisp of smoke compared to the eternity we will spend in God’s presence. Yeah, I have much to rejoice about in the life God has given to me here, but I’ve got even more to look forward to when I finally get to where I’m going! Amen. And, may God bless us as we keep on keeping on, 200 and counting! …….More later.

1 comment:

Mason said...

Did you know that "Smith Lake Jake" Alabama's own groundhog has been written in to run against, Clinton, Obama, and McCain for president.There is the funnest web page called " vote for punxsutawney phil". where our famous American grounhogs have been written in for president, and Smith Lake Jake is in the lead. Check it out and please put a picture of Smith Lake Jake on your site, for he is just too cute wearing his hat on his little groundhog head, you can pull up his picture on that site as well. thanks Mason