Monday, February 11, 2008

Brain Forecast: Partly Cloudy

Two elderly couples were enjoying friendly conversation when one of the men asked the other, "Fred, how was the memory clinic you went to last month?" "Outstanding," Fred replied. "They taught us all the latest psychological techiniques - visualization, association - it made a huge difference for me." "That's great! What was the name of the clinic?" Fred went blank. He thought and thought, but couldn't remember. Then a smile broke across his face and he asked, "What do you call that red flower with the long stem and thorns?" "You mean a rose?" "Yes, that's it!" He turned to his wife. . ."Rose, what was the name of that clinic?"


This is sort of how I feel this morning. Not sure exactly if I am 100 percent ready for the day. I know I am a huge proponent of it's only the 2nd day of the week already and all of that, but sometimes it just seems that you get up on the wrong side of the bed when you actually got up on the right side of the bed. I think it all started when I chose to watch the last few laps of the NASCAR race Saturday night. It was one of the most exciting finishes I've seen in a long time. And, I sat up in the middle of the bed like something really important was at stake and when all the smoke cleared, the race was over, but my adrenalin was pumping. It took me a good two hours to get to sleep, but lo and behold, I was wide awake at 3 a.m. Sunday morning. I tried to get back to sleep but finally got up at 3:30 a.m.

That's my normal time to get up each day but usually I can trick my system for the weekend, but because I had messed up the shut down sequence entirely with the NASCAR deal, I ended up having a long day yesterday. I suppose I could have taken a nap yesterday afternoon but I didn't do that either. That's what I mean. So, perhaps I was like the guy in the joke, my word associations became fuzzy and tangled up. At any rate it carried over to this morning because I didn't wake up until 4 a.m. Suddenly I jolted out of bed and hurried to get back on schedule but that's hard to do whenever you need to make up 30 minutes. And, it is trash day, and I had the cover on my car, and I had to stop for gas, but here I am, and I got here at 5:18 a.m., which is only twenty minutes past my usual time.

I may be a little groggy but there are some things I do know. God is still God. He is still on His throne. And, I can depend upon Him even when I tend to be operating in a partly cloudy and foggy mode. It is Monday and I can always thank God for His presence and hum the tune: The sun'll come out - Tomorrow; Bet your bottom dollar - That tomorrow...There'll be sun! Just thinkin' about - Tomorrow Clears away the cobwebs; And the sorrow 'Til there's none! When I'm stuck with a day - That's gray, And lonely, I just stick out my chin And Grin, And Say, Oh! The sun'll come out Tomorrow; So ya gotta hang on 'Til tomorrow, Come what may Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow! You're always A day Away! Have a great day and may God bless! .....More later.

No comments: