Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Happy 18th to our Lexie Dee!

Today. It is Wednesday, November 14, 2018. I do thank you for showing up today where I am sharing this new episode from The Home Office. Today is a special day in our family. It is our youngest son's youngest daughter's birthday. She turns 18 today. Happiest of birthdays to our Lexie Dee. Our Lexie is an amazing young woman and God has poured into her tremendous potential. She will be attending the University of Texas after graduating from high school. She had other choices, but, for as long as I can remember she has wanted to go to UT. Our prayers are for God's protection and leadership as she continues her journey here on the planet. Our love, forever and ever, Amen, MiMi and Poppy.

As I went through the photos on my computer to prepare Lexie's birthday card I couldn't help but mark the passing of time. At 72 there are times when a bout of onset sentiment triggers inside of me like never before. (It does a number of my definition of manliness.) I don't know whether to have a good cry or call up a Hallmark Christmas movie. However, God has been good to us and we are thankful for our family. Our three boys are as different as they can be. Their children are different too. And, the children of their children are different. The one common denominator we have hoped to instill and pass down is our faith in the living God. Regardless of how much we love them all, we are aware each one individually will have to face the choice of accepting or rejecting God's provision for them through the blood shed on Calvary by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We cannot choose for them. We can do our best, with God's help, to live out our faith as a testimony of a changed life. We don't always do this as we should but it is our calling. We want our entire family to live forever in the presence of God. That is our prayer. Maybe I could adapt this little song, Tears, tears, go away. Come again some other day. No. You do not need to send me a box of tissues. But, thanks for your caring and consideration.

I was able to join the ministry team this past Monday for a time of hymn singing, prayer, and a Bible devotion time, at the special needs apartment complex for older citizens. It was my privilege to share a portion of God's Word with these folks. They so look forward to these weekly gatherings. I am becoming more familiar with the folks I see walking in the mall early each morning. Some wave when we meet. Some say "Good morning!" Some just nod or raise their cane. Others pretty much look straight ahead with nary a glance to the left or right. Many of those who walk have physical limitations. Some drag one leg. Others are on a walker. Some have oxygen. I so admire these people. I know how much Uncle Arthur, (nickname for my arthritis), can get riled up when I make a few laps. I can only imagine the struggles they have in making their way around all the nooks and crannies of the mall. I say, "God bless them, one and all!" They inspire me to walk through the pain. I'm still waiting for that precise moment when I hit the optimum target and suddenly my hips quit squawking about them being rubbed the wrong way. Sorry. I didn't mean to dwell mostly on old people stuff but since I am one, I guess it will be an ongoing part of the life I share on these pages. Enjoy and may God bless is my prayer. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: