Monday, June 4, 2018

"When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country." ~ Elayne Boosler

Plop. Plop. No fizzing this morning, just plopping. I think the plopping sound might be heard when I get close to my recliner and turn loose. Good morning, It's Monday, June 4, 2018, and I'm here to tell you something. The other evening I was driving home from Church services and I was listening to the late Dr. Adrian Rogers on the radio. To me, he might be the most effective communicator of God's truth in my generation. At any rate, he was talking about training. He said his wife was out of town. He said that meant he had to fend for himself including pouring his own corn flakes. He woke up and got out of bed. He looked back at the bed. It had been slept in, but, it would only be a matter of time and he would be sleeping in it again. No one would be coming into their bedroom. Then he remembered. If Joyce was there she would make the bed. He thought about it. So, he made the bed. He said he got everything straightened and put the two pillows on the bed. Then he took care of the spread. Now, for whatever reason, no one knows, he put three more decorative pillows on top of the two pillows. He was not finished yet. He then added the teddy bear that she always sits on the bed. No one comes into their bedroom. You might wonder why he would do all of that. Training. She had trained him well. He got a lot of applause when he said he decided to make up the bed, but, they thundered when he said she had trained him well. I laughed. Why? We've got those same pillows on top of the pillows we sleep on. In our bedroom. Our bedroom. We don't sleep on those pillows. We just pile them up on top. For decoration. In our bedroom. No one goes in there but us.

As we all know, social media is instantaneous. Sometimes with good results, like finding a missing child, but, often with some pretty grim outcomes based on wrong or misunderstood information. I read the other day the heartfelt plea of a mom in a small town pleading on behalf of her son. There had been a vehicle who hit and killed a pedestrian. Her young firefighter son was not anywhere near where the incident took place. BUT, his pick-up truck matched the description of the vehicle driven by the individual who hit and killed the pedestrian. The person killed was a young African American man who was attempting to clear some debris from the highway. He had been very popular among his circle of friends. Some low lifes posted racially charged messages on social media. Now, her son is getting hollered at and threatened as he drives down the road. She is begging everyone to please know that if the red pickup has a firefighters license plate it is not the one involved in the incident. She is fearful for her son's life. See what I mean? Is that sad? Or what? I see this kind of craziness all the time where people guess at, or speculate, or misinform, not considering the consequences of their inaccurate information or their mindless rants. She has to be concerned for her son's life because he drives the same make, model, and color of the vehicle involved in the incident. Sad. That's all I can say. People should be more responsible than that. Don't you agree?

Sometimes there are things that just crack me up. You don't need a lemon law to know the following vehicle is trouble from the get-go. This was actually posted on Facebook with a photo of the truck: "1997 Nissan Regular Cab $400 It's got a crack in the head, I think alternater gone bad. But I've been driving it for five months since crack. Leave pressure off radiator and runs great, put coolant in there every 20 minutes of driving." (My grammar program wants to correct a lot of that ad, but, I typically try to let a quote stand since that's the way they said it.) Yeah. At least the buyer would know exactly what they are getting. Somehow the seller had made it work for five months. I'm not criticizing the individual, it just struck me as being funny. And, I do applaud their honesty. Back to the subject of wives and husbands, here are some fresh observations: ~ We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops. ~ I just asked my husband if he remembers what day it is… Scaring him is so easy. ~ The vote was 1 - 1, outvoted again by my wife. ~ The husband said he typed ‘married’ but it was autocorrected to ‘martyred’ but the wife still doesn’t believe that's how it happened. ~ Those little stories just keep on and on. They do have lives of their own. Enjoy the rest of the day and remember we all are given the next heartbeat from Almighty God Himself. And, I do thank Him for His provision. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: