Tuesday, June 5, 2018

“Our prism can become our prison.” ― Lois Farfel Stark, Author

Okay. It's me again. It's Tuesday, June 5, 2018, and I am hurriedly arranging some of the gray cells in trying to do some unscrambling in order to get my thoughts together. I saw stuff flying forth and back on Facebook the other day. Opinions here, there, and everywhere. Then this one popped up from someone from out of the blue, "Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's View's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and everyone's opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say." You might see that as a great piece of obfuscation. I actually think it makes excellent sense, especially with all the pontificating going on. I may use it myself. What's that? You think I have already? Maybe that's what a lot of my blog is about? A lot of words without really saying much. Even so, I like it anyway. And, as that chap put it, you are entitled to your own views, so go for it!

Here's a reminder of why we always need to be up on the wheel when driving anywhere near our country work facility. Last week, one of our workers left the premises to grab some lunch at a little store about 10 minutes away. On his way back, a big doe darted out from nowhere and ran right in front of his car demolishing the front of his vehicle. Yep. I know. It wasn't a good day for the doe either. However, this is maybe the fourth or fifth time this has happened to someone affiliated with our workplace. Even though I do my best to pay attention to the surroundings on our country road, I can assure you that no one could anticipate a sudden unexpected darting from out of the woods like that one. My readers are aware of the near misses I've had over the past nearly 12 years. Sometimes there's just nothing that can be done to avoid that type of encounter. I've seen people shamed on Facebook after they have had that type of run-in with a wild animal. Some folks immediately jump on the bandwagon of it being a sign of carelessness on the part of the driver. They envision the pain and suffering of the animal and its family. Sorry. I don't buy that. Not one bit. And, if you want to be angry with me, go ahead, because I don't believe in having a head-on collision with another vehicle to avoid hitting a squirrel. I do see a lot of people who appear to have been programmed that way. I will always do my best to avoid hitting anything with my vehicle. However, human life comes first for me, period, end of story.

I found these random pearls of wisdom gathered together by an anonymous compiler. Maybe one or two of them will be of use to someone out there, or, maybe, even to me. ~ If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ~ Age is a high price for maturity. ~ Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you a mechanic. ~ Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. ~  My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. ~ It is easier to get forgiveness than permission. ~ For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program. ~ If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip. ~  Eat well, stay fit, die anyway. ~ Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it. ~ No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes. ~ A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. ~ Middle age is when broadness of mind and narrowness of the waist change places. ~ Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it. ~ There is always one more imbecile than you counted on. ~ Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again. ~ By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends. ~ Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator. ~ Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused. ~ I do hope you enjoy the rest of your day and may God add His blessings to our journey here. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: