Monday, June 18, 2018

“There is no teacher equal to mother and there's nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father.” ― Amit Ray, Author

Good morning. Finally. Rain. We need it badly. However. I've already heard the outdoor choir singing their lament, "Rain Rain go away, come again some other day." For us, because we know how much we need the nourishing rains, we sing it like this, "Rain Rain please stay, for we need your help today." I know. That one is not in the Golden Book you read to your little ones. It wasn't in ours either. (I am not wishing any flooding on anyone, but, I would hope that everyone knows how much we do need the rain.) Therefore, I am thankful for God's provisions and I do bring you greetings on this back-to-work Monday, June 18, 2018. I didn't write much about Fathers Day this year but with eleven years of filed episodes, I've had plenty to say regarding this day of recognition. Back in 2007 when I wrote for the first time in this forum regarding Fathers Day, I used the entire blog to enumerate my blessings regarding the family God had given to me. At the end of that first Fathers Day episode I couldn't help but pay respect to the most influential dad in my life, that would be my mom's dad, my grandfather, or as we called him, our Paw Paw Mac. (He became the father figure in my life at age 7 when our dad passed away suddenly in January of 1954.) Here's what I said back in 2007, "Therefore I am proud to be reminded of my Paw Paw Mac on this upcoming Father’s Day weekend. May God bless his memory and his testimony. May it be that when I leave this life for the next, perhaps one of my children or grandchildren will be able to remember me in this same way." I will tell you this, if any of my grand kids do have anywhere close to this type of recollection of me, I can assure you, that will be an honor and a blessing beyond measure, because he, Andrew Rancher McMillan, was that kind of man. Amen.

Sometimes things just jump out at me. Maybe it's an age thing. But the photo of prunes being used in a dessert, well, that did get my attention. The fellow who posted this old recipe also added these words, "A prune whip a day will keep the colonoscopy doctor away." To which he quickly added, "I can't believe I said that." I read about a brand new hair joint that opened up directly across the street from an old barbershop. The new people boldly put up their sign which read, "WE GIVE SEVEN DOLLAR HAIRCUTS!" Not to be outdone the established barber shop countered with,"WE FIX SEVEN DOLLAR HAIRCUTS!" One older lady lamented, "Some people are always searching for the meaning of life. Me? I'm just looking for the dishcloth I laid down 10 minutes ago." I think I understand this sentiment, "Being popular on Facebook is like being able to sit at the 'cool' table at the mental hospital." Two wonderful Christian neighbors arrived in heaven at the same time. They lived to a ripe old age because they both had been devoted to healthy eating during their time on earth. As they strolled heaven together they could not get over the wonder of it all. Finally, one turned to the other and said, "Just think, if we had not eaten all that oat bran we could have been here ten years sooner." Maybe one or two of these caused your lips to turn up just a tad on the way to a smile. You do know that smiling is good for you. A laugh out loud even better. Right? That laugh out loud deal must be well known because I see people using it quite often. I think they even have a way to abbreviate it.

While I still have not watched the movie that many call a classic, 'Forest Gump', I do hope you have enjoyed the box of chocolates I have served up today. You know. Just like the famous line from the movie, you never know what you might get. I feel exactly the same way. I did scan through the Inspector General Report addressing the actions of the FBI and the Justice Department regarding certain 2016 matters including the Hillary Clinton email investigation. It's nearly 600 pages. Those who support President Trump read what was reported and they can't keep from repeating over and over, "See there, I told you so. See there, I told you so." Those who oppose President Trump called their troops together to announce there's nothing really to see in this report. I know. No one should be surprised by how this works. However, I think the truth is somewhere in the report itself. I'm not sure I can agree totally with the IG's conclusion that said they could find no evidence of bias or political orientation in actions taken that clearly give the appearance of being biased or politically motivated. My question is simply this, "Okay, no proof, then what was the motivation of these actions that give that appearance?" Mr. Comey, who was FBI director at the time has said his breaking of protocols and rules had to do with the unprecedented nature of the matter at hand. Do what? And, by the way, while I don't agree with the dizzying spin being played by either side, please don't tell me that with nearly 600 pages, there's nothing to see here. Some of the emails between people we pay through our taxes are chilling. The present FBI director says there will be accountability and those who did not follow the rules will be dealt with. Let's see where that goes. You can read this document for yourself. It is readily available from a number of sites. You might want to brush up on government speak because there's a whole lot of that in the report. Until next time, I remain, as always, the fellow who brings the chocolates each day. Take care. May God bless each one and may He bless our nation. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: