Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Happy Birthday to our Brittany!

Brittany, Ryan, and Gabi-girl!
Welcome to Wednesday, February 21, 2018. Today is another special day for us. We recognize and celebrate the birthday of our granddaughter Brittany today, the middle daughter of three girls in the family of our eldest Chris, and wife Sherrie. She and her husband, Ryan, and their little one, Gabriella, (Gabi-girl), are currently stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, his US Army duty station. It's the first time for our Brittany to be this far away from home. It's also a first for her parents and for us as well. We miss her and her family but at the same time, we are thankful for their willingness to serve. Happy Birthday Brittany and may God continue to bless you and your sweet family. Our love, MiMi, and Poppy.

Let me see. It's still February. Right? Our A/C unit is already running off and on, around the clock. Just a few days ago we had a frozen tundra for our yard. When the overnight lows stay in the 70's, added to the humidity, we get a glimpse of how it will soon be. I hope all of those who longed for the hot are feeling better right about now. What's up with the skunks? They may be having some kind of gathering because I've seen them on my way in, here, there, and everywhere. I try to give them plenty of room for obvious reasons. They keep that smell weapon locked and loaded at all times. I also want to give a shout out to those responsible for keeping the signal lights in working order on one of the major thoroughfares I travel each morning. I do hope they enjoy watching me squirm while I sit and watch them go through every signal light, left, right, middle, up, down, and back again. Just me. No one else, at 3:30 a.m. I'm not much for conspiracy theories but my encounters with these signal lights have to be more than coincidental. I sometimes talk to them. Might as well. What? They can't hear me? That's okay. I can hear me. I just want them to know how much I appreciate them checking out their equipment so early in the morning. As you can tell, it doesn't really bother me, bother me, bother me, one bit. Nope. Not at all!

No. I am not taking it personally. Why should I? The fact that they have a vendetta against me and they do everything they can to impede my progress, aggravate me, and distract me from my journey, well, it doesn't bother me at all. Hopefully, by now you know I'm mostly joking and this is a continuing series as part of my experience as I make my way each day. I would send them a greeting card but I'm not sure they have one dedicated to hall monitors. They do have some interesting sentiments on some of today's cards. ~ Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered, who ties your shoelaces in the morning? ~ Retired, seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it. ~ It's fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches on fire. ~ English is important but Math is more importanter. ~ Retired - The snap, crackle, pop, in the morning is not in your cereal. ~ An oldie but goodie: If a man states an opinion and there is no woman to hear it, is he still wrong? ~ Therapy is expensive. Popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose. ~ Think old and you'll be old. Think young and you'll be a delusional old coot. ~ One for the road: Go ahead and admit it, life would be boring without me. ~ Okay, there you have some ideas to add to your next greeting card. Enjoy the rest of your day and don't forget to remember to thank God for all that He has done, is doing, and will do for His own.  Amen. ....More later.

No comments: