Tuesday, November 28, 2017

You must be kidding. I've been at this for that long?

Thanks for hanging in there with me over this long period of time. If I am able to send this one out today, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, one tomorrow, and the next one on Thursday, that will make a total of 2,700 times that I have slung stuff onto the electronic page and flung it out there for all to see. As always, thanks for the feedback. It's nearly always positive. I do occasionally get something from the internet where someone wants to challenge my theological reasoning, but, that's not surprising, given the multitude of different views that exist. Just think, when I started posting my blogs, I was only 60 years old, (I turned 61 about a month later). Now that, my friend, to me, at my age now, does tend to seem like it was in a galaxy far, far, away. I don't even think Uncle Arthur, (aka Arthritis), was such a nuisance back then. I'm pretty sure that Aunt Bursi, (aka Bursitis), was behaving herself at that time. And, cousin Rhemmie, (aka Rheumatism), mostly kept to himself and didn't bother me much at all. Hey, I'm thankful for the journey. Those characters are made up and for the most part, Uncle Arthur is the only one that is actively engaged on a regular basis. He does like to annoy my hips. But, all in all, I think about this journey and come away with a thankful heart, full of gratitude, for all God's blessings, and for those who have made it with me. It has been quite a ride. Sometimes through the Twilight Zone, but, still, quite a ride. Amen.

Someone told me one time, that, after I leave for my real home in heaven, perhaps my children will print all of my blogs and have them bound into a book. Are you kidding? Only if they need to hold down something during a hurricane. On the other hand, they may continue to be out there, somewhere, on that golden information highway, in perpetuity. Or, they may be lost in the twinkling of an eye due to a malfunction of one sort or another. Or, here's one to consider. If they are ever actually looked at by someone in authority, they might be deleted as a public service contribution. I actually have no worries about all of that because, to me, they have been a way of me being able to share, and that sharing has been good, for me. Much of what I write about is looking back and thinking about the days of my youth. I do that often, therefore, it must do something for me to remember those, for lack of a better term, good, old, days. I've always attempted to be up-front when I share my personal relationship with God through the finished work on The Cross by my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. That might have seemed to be in-your-face to some, but, think about it, it's who I am, and what I am about, nothing more than that. It certainly isn't me sitting in some elevated position looking down on others. To me, it's the proverbial beggar who seeks to tell other beggars where he found bread. (Gospel of John, Chapter 6, Verse 35)

I, at times, describe myself as a storyteller. Most of us are. Mark Twain, recognized as one of America's greatest storytellers, once wrote a short essay advising youth on how to make a life for themselves. Here's the final paragraph from his writing on this subject: "There are many sorts of books; but good ones are the sort for the young to read. remember that. They are a great, an inestimable, and unspeakable means of improvement. Therefore be careful in your selection, my young friends; be very careful; confine yourselves exclusively to Robertson’s Sermons, Baxter’s Saints' Rest, The Innocents Abroad, and works of that kind. But I have said enough. I hope you will treasure up the instructions which I have given you, and make them a guide to your feet and a light to your understanding. Build your character thoughtfully and painstakingly upon these precepts, and by and by, when you have got it built, you will be surprised and gratified to see how nicely and sharply it resembles everybody else’s." If I were to give similar advice to those who read my stuff, it would be to recommend God's Holy Word as the first and last on the subject of life with all of its cares and conundrums. Breathed out by God Himself, it will not only help one to find their way but, it will stand forever and ever. (Isaiah 40:8) Amen. ....More later.

No comments: