Monday, November 13, 2017

"They err who think Santa Claus enters through the chimney. He enters through the heart. All the world is happy when Santa Claus comes." ~ copied

Jesus loves the little children, and we do too!
I thought for a second I was supposed to be nervous because it is the 13th, but, I then realized it's only Monday so I can relax a little on this November 13, 2017. This is countdown week for the wife and I as we prepare for our official kickoff of this season's Santa Enterprise events this coming Saturday and Sunday. We will be doing our thing at the big Junior League Holiday Market. That is always a fun venue because the Junior League folks are so nice and we get to work with a great photography team as well. Mrs. Claus gets to shine in her own area where she can read to the children and they can enjoy cookies and a beverage. We never know if we are really ready but we are prepared to give it a shot, one more time. I've already done a couple of stints in the professional photography studio and we have two more days of that scheduled for early December. We also have another dozen on our calendar with several more in the works. One freebie in the talking stage is a fundraiser event where they are predicting 300 kids. If I can arrange to be off to do that one I need to remember to take extra of the extra strength time release arthritis Tylenol because it will be needed. Trust me. I know what I am talking about. These bones. They do some singing from time to time and it can be a woeful tune. I wanted to write extra extra strength Tylenol but that grammar application tends to get all huffy whenever I put two exact words next to each other in a sentence. I don't know why but I like it when words are back to back like that. He doesn't. Not at all. He can be very picky at times and keeps on flagging it even after I told him to stop. What part of 'ignore' does he not understand? See what I have to put up with?

Shout out to my brother Victor Chavez who attained the ripe age of three score and five yesterday. We were privileged to be a part of a surprise birthday celebration for him this past Saturday evening. I thank God for him, his family, and for the nearly 40 years we've lived as a close family. May God continue to bless is my prayer. Amen.


I can be pretty dense at times. Last Friday when I was sitting in this same spot finishing up my daily dishing out of electronic keystrokes regarding this, that, and the other, I looked down at my watch and it had the wrong date on it. I don't really know that much about this watch. It is a really nice watch. It was given to me as a gift by my eldest. I get a lot of compliments on it except for that Homeland Security guy at the airport. After the sensor beeped, he looked at the watch. He looked at me. And, without saying anything he grumpily insinuated through his stare how that anyone with a lick of sense would have known to have taken it off. At any rate, sometimes the little pin thingie that is used to set the time along with who knows what else, well, it can become disengaged causing the time to stop or be off. But the date, that's a different animal. We came off of October. It had 31 days and everything was clipping along really good. When I saw the date last Friday on my watch was November 11, what do you think I did? I looked up at the calendar and immediately thought, "Wow! I came in on Saturday thinking it was Friday." How do I make it when I have such an idiot running my thinking system? Yes. I did figure it out. The watch somehow got messed up. The date was actually the 10th. There is a way to set the calendar on the watch. I've not been able to figure it out yet. I do know that I can take 10 minutes and run it forward but I think I will choose to phone a friend instead. Came to work on Saturday? What will I come up with next?


Stay tuned my friend and stay thirsty, thirsty for tidbits that will encourage you not to be the fellow who writes this stuff. At this point and time, I think I'm trapped and must finish the dance with the one who brought me. At least I can laugh about it. When I do laugh about it I will let you know. Meanwhile, we continue the journey. As it relates to the watch situation, I Googled it, found the manual, and followed the instructions, (more or less), fixed the date. Now I have a previously unused 'phone a friend' that I can save for another day. See how easy that was? I didn't stay up until one second past midnight to see if I had it right for a.m. versus p.m., but I did bookmark the online manual for future reference. This once again proves that even a stopped watch is accurate at least twice a day. Don't ask me to explain that one, but, I do think it to be accurate. I do hope you have your date and time correctly adjudicated for this Monday and that we all will find ourselves thanking God for another day, and for the opportunity we have to laugh, even if it is at ourselves. Have a good one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: