Monday, April 3, 2017

“One flesh they are; and one flesh, so I'd guess, Has but one heart, come grief or happiness.” ― Geoffrey Chaucer, (1343-1400), known as the father of English literature.

Is it Monday already? I wanted to make sure this was not an April Fool's hangover. It does feel like Monday. I think the fellow on the radio said it was, therefore, I am going to accept his report, this one being, April 3, 2017. I spent Saturday over in Louisiana and I bring back a report of progress, albeit, slow and steady, with regards to my mom. First and foremost, she is beginning to express at times how she is feeling better. My wife is making a difference there. I can tell. She and JoAnn working with dad have made a good team in helping mom begin to begin to recover. I very much thank God for His working in this situation. That presents some very mixed feelings on my part. I miss having the wife here with me. She is my help-mete as the old King James called Eve. That Hebrew designation involved how Eve was fitted or appropriate for Adam in that she completed him. I guess that means when she isn't here with me I'm running around with an incomplete stamped on my forehead. On the other hand, she is doing God's work where she is and she enjoys honoring my mom by serving her needs. The thought of that brings tears to my eyes and makes me especially thankful for her. Given all of that, I do have a thought that is permanently affixed to my 24x7 day: Come home soon!

The term jaded is used today to describe a certain type of fatigue. One modern summation put it this way: "The end result of having a steady flow of negative experiences, disappointment, and unfulfillment fed into a person where they get to the point where their anger circuits just sort of burn out and they accept disillusionment." Look around. It's widespread. Politics, the economy, relationships, health, and life in general, all can be downers when they present so many challenges. It is so easy to become downhearted to the point of developing a critical and negative spirit. How do I know so much about this subject? I have multiple inputs that inform me. Three in particular. Me, myself, and I. One thing I can be certain of, God does not intend for His own to live in this type of debilitating lifestyle. Since all of those things I listed may not get better, then there has to be another source that informs our spirit. That would be growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus, the Christ. (2nd Peter 3:18) The bottom line is to think about the role of truth, the source of truth, and the overcoming power of truth in the life of those who are children of the living God. Again, Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life." (John 14:6) This means in a world seemingly always upside down and going in the wrong direction, I need, you need, we all need, more input from Jesus and less from the world. I had something in mind when I started this paragraph but it more or less took on a life of its own.  

In case you didn't have any April Fool's Day foolery, here are a few quips that may or may not be giggle-worthy. ~ I stayed up all night to see where the sun went but it finally dawned on me. ~ A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was a nurse said 'No change yet'. ~ I've had many jobs. I couldn't concentrate in an orange juice factory; wasn't suited to be a tailor; Muffler factory was just exhausting; couldn't cut it as barber; wasn't noteworthy as a musician; did not have patience to be a doctor; didn't fit in the shoe factory; job at the pool maintenance company was too draining; and I found out there was no future as a historian. ~ Does anyone know why dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's hardly ever for them. ~ At least drug stores understand life. That's why the anniversary and sympathy cards are side by side. ~  Ninety-eight percent of cross-eyed teachers have difficulty controlling their pupils. ~ I know. Some of them are more gag-worthy than giggle-worthy, but, I did waste several minutes finding them on about a dozen different sites and message boards. Maybe at least one of them brought a small upturn of the lips. Even that can help. Some. Enjoy your day and may God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ...More later.

No comments: