Monday, April 24, 2017

"I find that it takes a lot of years of living, and many more of reckoning, to come up with one worthwhile paragraph. And when a deadline looms, prayer doesn't hurt, either." ~ Carmen Agra Deedy, Children's Author

Well hello there, how's everybody doing today? Just checking in, here on this Monday, April 24, 2017. We had ourselves a great birthday celebratory recognition Saturday and Sunday for the wife. We first had a most wonderful family gathering for supper on Saturday evening. (There were twenty-one of us and it has been a long time since the entire crew could be in the same place at the same time.) On Sunday evening, she and I went to hear the Quebe Sisters in concert. This trio belts out outstanding western swing harmony and the three of them can tear up the fiddle. (Individually, and collectively) Such sibling harmony! We've been watching them on TV and YouTube for maybe ten or more years since they were all in their mid-teens. We also had a great time of fellowship with other believers on Sunday. I could throw in a few other items, but, I think that should suffice. All that adds up to a busy but beautiful time, had by all. You are correct. That image does imply ground coffee. Coffee may not make the world go around but it does help those of us who live and work on this spinning sphere. Most of you know I carry my three worn out feather pillows to most every place we travel. I've been giving serious consideration to also bringing along my own small Keurig and the Community Coffee 100% Columbian blend individual serve cups that I drink every day. I'm sorry to say this, but, I miss it when I am away drinking some other type of coffee. I do. I really do. I'm not making that up. I will take a lie detector on that one. But, on second thought, just that one question only.

The liberal media never gets tired of coming up with criticisms of President Trump. Most recently, they have been lambasting him for implying the recent attack in Paris was terror related. They said they, (the media elites), did not have enough information to say that with confidence and they were concerned that he would mislead people. One of the main detractors was discredited former news anchor Brian Williams on MSNBC. You may remember him. He was caught lying about many different news stories during his time at NBC News. I heard what President Trump said. It was at the press conference with the Italian Prime Minister. He clearly said the words, "it appeared" to be terror related. Here's the headline from the British Broadcasting Company, BBC, "Policeman and suspected gunman shot dead in Paris 'terror attack'". ISIS has taken credit for it, but, the investigation is ongoing. I, for one, have trouble believing almost anything reported by these mainstream reporters. They seem to be focused more on finding a reason to be critical of the President as opposed to reporting the facts. Opinion Alert: This is another in my long series of throw down observations that you can take for whatever it's worth. To you.

I guess you didn't need to ask but I will tell you anyway. I did not stand in line for some concoction called a "Unicorn Frappuccino". I did, however, read a review and based on those who taste things for a living, I think a Mr. T. reference might be appropriate, "Pity the fool!" The tasters gave the company an A+ for marketing because lines were long everywhere. But when it came to the taste, they, individually, and collectively thought it should be given a T+ for terrible. They even carried it back to their offices and had others try it with very similar responses. I know. I will get letters from those who loved it. One thing they all agreed on. It looked spectacular. And, it has that label on it that can signal that a person is really hip, tuned in, and with it. I wouldn't have known about it but I heard someone talking about it and that's why I decided to check it out. It's part of the cultural curriculum here at my blogger ranch studies program. It's Monday and as you can see I showed up without the sharpest pencil in my backpack this morning. Maybe I'll do better next time. Y'all be careful out there and remember that God's got the whole world in His hands. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: