Friday, April 21, 2017

Happy Birthday Sweetheart

Good day to one and all on this Friday, April 21, 2017. Today's edition is 100% devoted to my wife. She will be celebrating her 70th birthday, (three score and ten), this upcoming Sunday. We will be gathering as a family on Saturday to show our love and appreciation. It's hard for me not to be emotional when I think about the years God has allowed us to share together. We came face to face for the first time in the summer of 1962. We dated and went steady, off and on, mostly on, for the next two and one-half years, and we married in December of 1964. If we make it to our next anniversary, that will be 53 years since we made our vows.

I don't really even know where to start. She comes from a great family and I know in my heart of hearts her mom and dad would be so proud of who she is. She is first and foremost a woman of God who wears that identity everywhere she goes. She is a loving wife, mother, and a doting MiMi, and great grand MiMi. She is a talented singer and has many other talents as well. She stays fully immersed in using her God given gifts of friendship and encouragement. People love her. She loves people. She has a true servant's heart. She's a tireless worker. And, an excellent cook! I do my best every day to make sure I thank God for her and what she means to me and the rest of our family. While I know she is human and she does have her faults, everything I've said about her is true. I should know. I've been around her long enough to know these things. (Read Proverbs 31 for additional information about the kind of testimony she has.)

I've also lived long enough to have learned exactly the meaning of this verse as expressed in the New Living Translation of Proverbs 18:22, "The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD." My way of saying it each year: "Happy Birthday, and Baby, you're still the greatest." Amen. ....More later.

No comments: