Thursday, April 20, 2017

“I am often amused and sometimes amazed by the free-reign constructs of my mind. That is why I converse regularly with myself - I am one of my better friends...” ― Gavin Mills, Author

As we try to get a grip, we should begin with the realization that today, Thursday, April 20, 2017, is where we have to get started. It comes wrapped up with all of its demands, challenges, and opportunities. But, we have to be willing to engage and get on with it. That little intro might be known as self-talk. That's where I talk myself into doing whatever it is that I should do. It was a management technique taught in some forums back in the day. Back in the day. Nearly everything I talk about has that as its time marker. You know. Life through the rear view mirror. Time marches on. It waits for no one. Time is money. It fades like a passing shadow. Morning, noon, and night. I think the most difficult thing for me is to see the response of irrelevancy on the faces of those I share what I think to be wisdom. Surely, all that I have learned is not so outdated that applications cannot be made. Practically speaking, many of the younger ones don't even recognize the words I use. One thing, however, I don't have to worry about. When I share the truth from God's Word, He illuminates the heart and mind of the receiving party. It doesn't depend on me. The texts may be ancient but the power of God's Spirit bridges every language barrier or time reference. That's really good news! I feel better. Now back to that other stuff about dealing with today.
I without any help whatsoever went in to correct the DAY on Tuesday's blog (from 17th to 18th), and for some reason known only to someone other than myself, I corrected the month to May at the same time. In case you are wondering, it is still April, and that part of the correction was incorrect. It was noticed. I have now corrected the corrected official copy that resides somewhere, out there, in that wide, wide internet world, although, I have no reason whatsoever to believe that it matters even one iota. Many of you probably knew that 'iota' is the 9th and smallest letter in the Greek alphabet. If I knew it at all, I sure knew it better after looking it up and reading about it. Over time, it came to mean an extremely small amount, as in, a speck, mite, scrap, shred, ounce, scintilla, atom, jot, grain, whit, or trace. In other words, me having a wrong date on my blog is about as inconsequential as it gets. However, when it is called to my attention, I do attempt to make it right. I do want to come clean about this because I read that being able to admit your own mistakes is supposed to be good for your inner being. Having said that, I am waiting. I haven't felt anything yet but maybe that inner being stuff works like those time release pills. It gives me something to look forward to. Thanks.

My wife typically responds to something like today's episode by wondering out loud about by mental stability. Oh well, we all know you don't have to be crazy to do what I do, but it sure helps. (Play on an idiom that's been around a while.) That was a punchline of sorts. I know. If that is what it was supposed to be, what was the joke? Okay. You asked for it. ~ A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces: ''I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.'' ~ That's actually the best I could do on such short notice. If all goes according to plan, today my wife is coming home from helping to care for my mom over in Louisiana. Perhaps I will be a little less unhinged when she is here to keep an eye on me. Perhaps. Only time will tell. I do hope that you have a great rest of the day, and, that we all will be thankful for how God reveals truths to us as we read and study His Word. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: