Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"If you want to be successful, it's just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing." Will Rogers, (1879-1935), Stage and motion picture actor, vaudeville performer, American cowboy, humorist, newspaper columnist, and social commentator.

Thanks so much for showing up today. It's a good day because it's the only one we can do much about, at least, at the time being. It is Wednesday, April 26, 2017, and I send greetings out to one and all. I apologize to those who receive my blog via email because I had trouble embedding a video yesterday. I finally had to put it in separately and add it to the original email and I know that can be confusing. Two problems. The technology itself. And, the biggest one of all, the operator of the technology. That, in this particular instance, would be none other than yours truly. There is good news. If it was so discombobulated that you missed the whole thing, well, count that as a blessing and move on down the road. I can tell you that I did put in the time but when I attempted to copy it into the actual email, for some reason, the video did not copy. The actual blog out on the web is fine. It was only when I tried to include it in the email that I had the problem. I worked on it for a while. I tried different things. I talked to myself, my computer, my coffee maker, but at the end of it all, I had to adjust. That's a metaphor for how we make it each day. Adjust and adapt. That brings me to our philosophical thought of the day, from the late great sausage king, country singer, and general entertainer himself, Jimmy Dean: "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how that statement works for any of us in real life, but it sounded good, and that's why I threw it into the mix. As our new President nears his 100th day in office, (officially, April 29th), I think he is learning some things about built-in obstacles that he was aware of but did not necessarily realize how effective they are in stymieing any progress of any kind. For those who read my daily writings, you know I have written much about this entrenchment of political self-preservation that has only one outcome in mind, to stay in power, regardless of who the President is. A successful business person overcomes obstacles of all kinds if they are to return a profit, however, within our system of government today, and I say this with sadness, our President may have met his match. I hope not. I pray not. But, the powers that be in both political parties do not align themselves to make the kind of changes the American people voted for. Sorry. They don't. They are too busy taking care of their number one job and that's making sure they get re-elected, period. Sorry if that sounds negative, but, I can show proof with my federal tax return that I have paid for the right to interpret it the way I see it. (I call it my version of taxation with representation, my own!) I know the President will do his best to set forth a lot of accomplishments because the press will do their hit job as he reaches 100 days. Again, it's not us and them, it's the entirety of the system, and to use one of President Trump's most effective campaign slogans, "It's a rigged system."

I know what some of you are thinking. Why don't I tell you what I really think? It's my editorial opinion. I hope the future proves my assessment to be wrong. And, I will just add how the Republicans, (those supposedly aligned with conservative values), in both the House and the Senate, have, in my opinion, very much failed this President and in doing so, they have also failed us all. There you have it. My capsule assessment as given from the view of my disgruntled thinking. And, at the same time, I do have a positive outlook, because I know personally the Lord God of heaven through the intercessory work of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Therefore, God will take care of it all in His own good time. I believe that. I believe what He has said. That's how you can get on with living life in a fallen world where disappointment abounds, surrounds, and at times, engulfs us all. It's called faith. Believing. It matters. Not only for time and eternity, but also for our 24x7 living out of the life God has given to us. I can't deny that what I have written today came from me. I'm not altogether sure why I wrote about all of this, but, that's how I roll when it comes to my daily blogs. I do hope you will take God seriously but not yourself so much. He's got this. Always keep that in mind. Amen. See you next time. .....More later.

No comments: