Friday, September 4, 2015

"There is more simplicity in the man who eats caviar on impulse than in the man who eats Grape Nuts on principle." ~ G.K. Chesterton (1874 – 1936) English author & mystery novelist

'Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz, Oh what a relief it is.' No. I'm not talking about stomach distress relief, although that may be a part of it. I'm talking about the relief brought on by this being Friday and this one just happens to be on September 4, 2015. Oh yeah. I was supposed to use that as an answer to the question: How do you spell relief? Got it. F-R-I-D-A-Y. You have to know I'm just joking. I was in the grocery store last weekend and I noticed the signs taped on the freezer units proclaiming the return of Blue Bell on Monday. I saw a video but didn't watch it of an early Monday morning Blue Bell ice cream eating contest at a major grocery chain location. The fellow in the video was hunkered down on top of a half gallon container of Homemade Vanilla. He looked about the size of the Texans' nose tackle Vince Wilfork, (6' 2", 325 pounds). I didn't watch the video but the photo showed ice cream flying every which way. I've never thought those food eating contests to be either interesting or worth watching. Give me a break. Eating 85 hot dogs in a handful of minutes? They call it an athletic contest. You are kidding. Right? (On another day I'll try to figure out how the national Spelling Bee contest ended up on ESPN.)  At any rate, I've always had a love affair with ice cream. I've sat on top of many a tub being hand cranked until I was old enough and then became one of the crankers or maybe it would be one of the crankees. That was the real homemade stuff and I did love it! What I saw on the face of that video was a fellow who is likely not all that healthy. Just me. You go ahead and watch if that's your bowl of ice cream, your cup of tea, or whatever floats your boat. Just remember, choose wisely because boats have been known to sink.

I read a little blurb where a department store in London was ordered to withdraw a want ad for Father Christmas because it was deemed to be sexist. You know. It more or less eliminated by definition any ladies who might want to play Father Christmas. I would say, what is this world coming to but I think anyone with any common sense can see where we are headed. To a world of mass confusion and insanity run amok. That is, if you ask me, and I know you didn't, but, it would seem that somewhere along the way someone would stop this idiotic train ride we are on. The political correctness junkies are busy trying to wipe out historical characters and any remembrance of them. They want any flags or statues deemed offensive to be removed. Interestingly enough the other day a group of folks showed up at the government run Smithsonian to protest the statue of Margaret Sanger the founder of Planned Parenthood. She was the woman who advocated the elimination of anyone of a lower class or race. Get rid of them. But because she founded an organization that became dedicated to killing unborn babies they want her statue to stay. She is highly touted by the likes of Hillary Clinton and others. Here's something to think about: Many of those supporting her and the organization she founded do not even know that at one time she promoted, because of the color of their skin, their annihilation. She advocated a type of social engineering called Eugenics. (Look it up.) But yet they zealously and blindly march on....they march in search of that lemmings line.

I don't have a checklist with me this morning but I pretty much think I've stepped on a whole lot of toes this week. That's what happens whenever you dare form and state an opinion. On any subject. It will not be agreed to or liked by those who see things differently. That's okay because we are all entitled to look at the facts before us and come to our own conclusions. I'll not hate someone because they don't agree with me. In fact, we could use a lot less vitriol in our social media exchanges. I see some pretty weird stuff nearly everyday. One posting will be of great encouragement regarding the love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness found in Christ. The very next one by the very same person could be the most mean spirited and hateful with an outrageous image to illustrate their point. Here's what Bro. James writing his letter in the New Testament had to say about things like this: "Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water?" (NASB, Chapter 3, Verse 11) The expected response would be a resounding no! Okay. That's enough preaching for one day especially when it is also to me, myself, and I. Here's the deal: Have a great Saturday and a wonderful Lord's Day Sunday! I'll see if I can get ready to be ready to meet back with you come next Monday morning. May God bless each one. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: