Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"I've reached that age where my train of thought often leaves the station without me." ~ (Copied)

Okay. Here's the deal. I'll do my best to make the most of this day if you will do the same, here on this Tuesday, September 22, 2015. I looked up the words absent minded to make sure I had a good understanding of exactly what they mean. It has to do with a person engaging in inattentive or forgetful behavior. One also used the word habitual but that just seemed a bit too much over the top for my taste. I think I would go with the inattentive for some of the stuff I detect in my own day by day stumbling around. In order to write this I have to tell a few things on myself. I typically shy away from that because folks will no longer think I lost it, they will be convinced that I have. It's like the other day when I became frustrated because I couldn't locate the key for our main shop building. I checked each key. It was missing. Of course it was. Wrong set of keys. Or, when I panic when I touch my pocket and find my cell phone is missing. Of course it's missing. You big dummy. You are talking on it. I thought about throwing in the concept of being preoccupied and that has to do with being focused on one thing to the exclusion of others. It's very good to be preoccupied with your driving when you are out on the roadway. Being preoccupied with something else while driving could be dangerous. In my case, I'm typically preoccupied with so many things at the same time I can't even locate the right key to the shop building. I thought I would try that one out on you before I added it to my official list of excuses. What? Age? Oh yeah. I suppose I forgot to remember to mention that one as a potential reason. Surely it has something to do with it!

There are days when I put my conspiracy hat on and allow it to mess with my mind. Here's one I want you to look at and make up your own mind. This is from the online Houston Chronicle. There are no, I repeat, there are no Chick-fil-a restaurants on the list of 28 with health violations. Zip. Zero. In fact Chick-fil-a is not mentioned on the second choice where there is 114 images, nor on the third where there are 5 selections. This means the Chick-fil-a image actually does not go with any of the clickable choices. The big headline says it all and I can assure that most people who see this as the lead story on their cover webpage will think the image and the headline are connected. I copied it directly from their website. Now you have my opinion. You look at it and see what you think. (The highlighted points are clickable, so go check it out if the story is still available.)


How dirty is that local eatery?

Before deciding where to eat this weekend, you might want to check out this list of Houston restaurants that received health inspection violations. Unfortunately, quite a few local favorites made the list.
From their web edition: September 18, 2015 | Updated 7:59 AM CT
I did look at the 28 with violations and some of them quite frankly were surprising but I never like it when folks play games with their images and stories. Just me. They could have used a photo of Gallery Furniture because its restaurant was on the list. Okay. Enough of that. Am I saying the liberal media does not like Chick-fil-a because of their open expression of their Christian beliefs? That question must be planted. Right? Am I also saying the Houston Chronicle is a liberal media outlet? When I cancelled my home delivery some fifteen years ago I sent them a letter stating exactly that. I can read the NY Times anytime I want to. A local area newspaper should at least give recognition to the conservative nature of many of its readers. They were bought out. Then it all changed. And I no longer wanted to pay for a paper copy of this type of indoctrination. Why do I continue to look at it online? They want me to. They have advertising that is on every part of their website. I typically check it to see what they are reporting on and then click on the obituaries and peruse them. In the process of doing that I spotted the little issue I thought you might want to consider. Thanks for indulging me. And, feel free to formulate and have your own opinion. You can do that. And, you can also start up a blog and write about it if that is your desire. May God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: