Monday, September 7, 2015

"I wish my brother would learn a trade, so I would know what kind of work he’s out of." ~ Henny Youngman (1906 – 1998) English-born American comedian

Happy Labor Day to one and all, or at least that is what many are celebrating here in our nation, on this Monday, September 7, 2015. I am glad to be off today. I'm thankful that for most of my working life I have been able to work at places that typically observed the official holidays. You never know when things might change. I saw a little cartoon of three turkeys standing out in the yard talking. One said he was a little nervous because he thought something might be up since the farmer had just unfriended him on Facebook. Since today does have something to do with jobs, I did see a another funny little tidbit where the personnel lady told the job seeker: "Your resume' is bloated with half truths, false praise, exaggeration, and unsubstantiated accomplishments. We think you might do a good job writing our annual report." I am thankful for the job I have. I read one lament talking about how that today's market is still pretty tough. They typically are looking for someone with the wisdom and experience of a 50 year old, the drive of a 30 year old, and someone willing to work for the pay of a 20 year old. Sounds about right. I saw another little ditty where companies can no longer ask a lot of health related questions but their insurance was requiring all new employees to sign a do not resuscitate order. I also saw a more prophetic cartoon showing the unemployment office full of Santas. The calendar on the wall said December 26th. I do hope you enjoy your day and I will be on the look out for something to fill up my keystroke quota come tomorrow. May God bless us, one and all. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: