Wednesday, February 27, 2013



Happy Birthday Son!
Hello. Welcome to Wednesday, February 27, 2013. When your baby celebrates his 42nd birthday, well, it speaks volumes about his sojourn, and ours as well. Today is our Rodney Darrell's birthday and we thank God for him. He more or less came forth as the song and dance fellow in our family and has gained many loyal friends during his time here on the planet. We recognize his demonstrated priority and commitment to his family. I've lived long enough to see things my boys have done much better than I did and I am so thankful to God they learned, perhaps, even from my not so good of an example. I count that as a blessing. We were able to enjoy a wonderful birthday dinner with Rodney, Mitzi, Kyleigh, Lexie, and Brady last Sunday evening. God has been good to Rodney and he would be the first to say it is only by the grace of God. That's what the grace of God is all about. In his life, in my life, and in your life. Thanks Rodney for being a good dad and leader in your home. May God continue to bless you and your sweet family. Amen. Love, mom and dad.

Back to another session of Yogi's, "You can observe a lot just by watching." The other day I was in a rain storm on the highway. People were not sure what to do. Pull off or stay on. The windshield wipers seemed useless. It was that bad. I decided to stay on and drive real slow and do my best to stay up on the wheel because it was about as treacherous as it comes. Sitting next to me in a BMW was a well dressed fellow making his way down the highway. What was his solution? Texting! Go figure. This next one was bound to happen. I heard a report where a lady in Russia was using Google to find a restaurant. She found the eatery and clicked on the street view image. Hello. She recognized at least one of the people coming out of the restaurant. It was the man she was engaged to be married to. He was all hugged up with another woman. She also knew exactly when that photo was taken because he was wearing a cast on his hand. I suppose that's what you call a random gotcha because that's how those photos are captured. On a random basis. I hope he enjoyed his meal that day because according to the report he had much splainin to do. I suppose he could have asked her to join him in singing "It's a small world, after all."

Okay. Get ready. Here it comes: I have been dragging a little of late. My wife believes me to have been full blown sick. No, she wasn't referring to my mental status. I suppose it's hard for me to agree that I am feeling puny because to admit it is like losing half the battle. But I am aware that confession is good for making sure that everyone is aware that I am both fully human and not invincible. You knew that already? At any rate, I want everyone to know that when I feel ready to make that announcement I will let you know. For right now I continue to function under the guise of reasonable deniability. I think that's a little bit of how my grandfather used to operate. You know. Don't let little things like body shaking chills and barely noticeable low grade temperatures cause you to overreact. I can announce that even as I write today's episode that I feel very much better than I did when I felt much worse before. And, if it were to become necessary, I do know how to make an appointment, because I am a card carrying member of the Medicare patrol. I might have a different take on that dreaded country song. You know the one. My version: Achy Breaky Body. But, Lord willing, I will soon identify with that wonderful statement from the Scriptures, repeated many times, "And, it came to pass...." Anytime now would be okay with me. Mostly joking. Joking mostly. I'll spare you the top ten list of how I know I am better and skip to the number one reason. Survey says: Community! During this brief not up to par feeling I had to cut back some on my intake but now I am back in the saddle again! Y'all take care now, you hear, and may God add His blessings to your day. Amen.   More later.

No comments: