Thursday, February 7, 2013

"Critics search for ages for the wrong word, which, to give them credit, they eventually find." Peter Ustinov


Today is Thursday, February 7, 2013. I'll go ahead and throw it out there. It's not the proverbial elephant in the room but it's there and it needs to be exposed. I've been a little sloppy lately in the transitioning of keystrokes from my brain through my little touch typing fingers onto the electronic screen and into the file that produces this daily collection of all of the above. I know some of you have noticed. I did work for Uncle Sam, not Uncle Same. That's the night the lights went out, not, that's the night the lights when out. I also had errors in my lesson handout this past Sunday. I used the word closet when I intended closest. I used the word them when I intended Him. The spell checker did what it could but it couldn't overcome my lack of attention to detail. Sometimes I go back and change my blog. I haven't on these last two occasions, but I probably will. You know, posterity and all of that. What about the Sunday lesson? I did it the old fashioned way. I marked through the words and replaced them with a handwritten correction. Thirty one handouts. If it turns out to be a pattern, I apologize in advance, but in the meantime I will try to improve my approach to letting my fingers do the walking, or something like that.

Here's an up to the minute update: I have now officially changed the words in the official blog of record to reflect the correct word designations, therefore, the universe is now back in order, and I can proceed. What's that? Too bad I can't do something about the quality of the content? Sorry, but to that all I can give you is WYSIWYG. That's the acronym for 'What you see is what you get.' Within the world of computers, this actually reflects the editor process for formatting of print output. But, in my case, it does apply. I know there are writing principles that could help. Could. However, there are well known good writers who still write in longhand and some that still use an old manual typewriter. Well known. Good. While I can't identify with those accolades, I can submit that my use of the electronic keyboard speeds input and shortens the lead time for presentation. In other words, if it's not that good, at least it's delivered a little faster, and, at times the illustrations are at least tolerable. In addition to that, you the reader can skip any and all, at any time. And, lest I need remind everyone, there's the ever present convenience found in activating the delete all function. Now I ask you: How much more accommodating could anyone be?

Let me end on a lighter note. "This woman rushes to see her doctor, looking very worried. She says: "Doctor, take a look at me. When I woke up this morning, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my hair all wiry and frazzled up, my skin all wrinkled and pasty, my eyes were bloodshot and bugging out, and I had this corpse-like look on my face. What's wrong with me, doctor?" The doctor looks her over for a couple of minutes and then calmly says: "Well I can tell you that there ain't nothing wrong with your eyesight!" ~ "A pigeon arranged to meet his ravishing new pigeon girlfriend at 3 pm in the city square. The minutes ticked by and ticked by. By 4.30 pm it was clear that she wasn't coming. Heartbroken, he was about to fly home when his girlfriend waddled up smiling radiantly, saying: "It's such a lovely day. I decided to walk." Not your cup of tea? I thought they were at least smile worthy, maybe not LOL, laugh out loud, but different jokes for different folks, I suppose. Have a good one and Lord willing I'll see you next go-round. May God bless. Amen.      ....More later.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog