Thursday, November 3, 2011

You have to grow up in the first place before you revert back.

It doesn't take much to help us to have a good day. Sure I know, the same is true for how it doesn't take much to help us to have a less than good day. Because of my diabetes I try to do a lot of the 100 or less calorie packs of crackers, cookies, chips, and things like fruit snacks. It's an easier way to count calories, if nothing else. I really like the 80 calorie Sponge Bob Squarepants Fruit Snacks. And, since lime green is one of my all time, forever and ever, Amen, favorite yummy flavors, well, when I pop open one of those little packs, and there just happens to be four or more of the lime green, hello world, it's beginning to look more and more like a good day! See what I mean? I told you it doesn't take much. No. I do not need Dr. Phil's number to set up an appointment, but thank you very much. It's the little things. Right? But so much for that, how in the world are you doing on this fine Thursday, November 3, 2011? Don't get me wrong, I will go with Dora, or Toy Story, depending upon which box is on sale. They all have the green ones too. What's that you say? You might just make the phone call yourself? I thought the Bible teaches us to have childlike faith, therefore, I'm just putting some childlike behavior with it, or something like that. How many times do I have to repeat myself? I wouldn't wish being me on anyone else, at least not anyone I like!

Since I do attempt to educate here, I want to share what some others said in response to the fill in the blank, 'You know it's going to be a good day when...' You know it's going to be a good day when you punch a hole the first time perfectly in the Capri Sun pouch. When...your favorite song comes on the radio as you drive to work. When...you forgot your lunch only to find out that it is Company provided pizza day! When...the heavens seem to open up with wonderful rays of light as you begin to plow. (A farmer, of course!) When...you wake up, check on your child, and find them laughing in their sleep. When...someone mistakes you for a celebrity. When...you step outside barefoot and for the first time in months the pavement doesn't feel like a hotplate. When...you wake up and read that drinking chocolate milk three times a day is a good way to lose weight. When...everyone catches a fish on their first cast. When...your most difficult decision of the day is to choose between 10 different omelet variations. When...you fling open the sash and there's a cool blast of air shivering right through you. When...the first 10 tweets you receive are Star Wars related. And, the list could go on and on. And, let me just say there's plenty out there that are unprintable because some folks are very crude in their sharing of what makes it a good day for them. However, as the song tells us: Every day with Jesus is sweeter than the day before. That doesn't mean that every day in and of itself  is sweeter, regardless of how many lime green treats we find. But every day with Jesus, that's what makes it sweeter, therefore, He is the ultimate answer for what it means to have a good day. Amen.

Uncle Frank
Green lime flavor. Cinnamon. Licorice. Spice cake. Those are some that I really like. I have often thought of writing to Blue Bell and asking them to make a package of the sugar free Popsicles (Bullets) in green only. But how many people like green the best? And, oh by the way, while I am on the subject, green apple will not get the job done. I have made that mistake before. Seeing the green color on the sugar free Lifesavers, but excuse me, it turned out to be that gooey tasting sour apple and I thought I was going to croak, on the spot. Not really. But it was a huge let down. Get serious you say? I'm just sharing some of the obstacles I face in life. That's all. It's a joke and having or not having my favorite flavor is small potatoes (which I can't have much anymore, either, in case you happen to be taking notes), compared to the issues that many face each and every day. We have some in our family facing life threatening illnesses and others dealing with life changing challenges, and that's the way it is for many families, and for many of our friends, and people in general. We all need to keep our priorities straight. It reminds me of that scene on the airplane from the original Home Alone movie when the mother discovers that they have left Kevin home alone. The clueless Uncle Frank throws out his ridiculous attempt to console by saying that if it would make her feel any better he left his reading glasses behind as well. See what I mean? We need to keep the important first with a balanced perspective based on the truth that God has given to us. That's the challenge while at the same time we can be thankful for the small things as well, like the four or more lime green fruit snacks. Amen? Yes. Amen.             ......More later.

No comments: