Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Some observational gleanings, gleaned by a shade tree gleaner!

You will be glad to know that I do not always do everything exactly the way I had it planned. And, there are times when I just end up missing it or messing it up one way or the other. I actually overslept by one hour Tuesday morning. Believe me, I was also very surprised. Since I don't use an alarm clock I count on my internal timer to get me up. My internal timer was working just fine but it had a different schedule in mind. I had come home Monday evening and worked in my office on a pretty intense project for about three hours, therefore, I was completely out of my regular routine. I still had that project on my mind when I went to bed and that's how it happened. He didn't adjust to the changed routine, therefore, he sent the wake up call at the regular time which came one hour late because of all of the aforementioned activities. If you understand this you just might be smarter than a 5th grader. Maybe I was getting ready for the upcoming time change. Who knows? But, now that confession time is concluded, let me say hello again, and welcome. It is good to bring you greetings from here at the place where keystrokes come to be turned into words. It's Wednesday, November 2, 2011. You have to know by now that I am pretty much an equal opportunity offender when it comes to the political realm. That's why we have to know there is no lasting hope in any particular party or charismatic individual. Our hope is in the Lord God of heaven and we have to be reminded daily that He and He alone is the answer to our needs, as individuals, as a nation, and as a lost and dying world. Amen.

But back to the political shenanigans always in progress. According to published reports, First Lady Michelle Obama is going to be the attack dog in the upcoming presidential election. The other day she tried out her angry speech about how her husband is not getting the credit he deserves, along with what a sad day it will be if the Republicans win. She railed against the fat cats who make decisions that favor the rich and take from the middle class and the poor. It was like she was in the pulpit stirring up the crowd. She was ferocious and the crowd responded with the appropriate answers when she called for a huge angry NO!. There was only one slight problem. This crowd was made up of some of the richest folks in Florida and they were in the clubhouse of one of the most swanky hangouts as well. See what I mean? It drips folks it drips. The hypocrisy was flowing like lava from Mount St. Helens. This angry speech mode is an unprecedented approach for a First Lady. They are calling her the President's secret weapon. I'm not sure what it says about their reading of the upcoming campaign but it certainly demonstrates how serious they are about trying to hold on to power. I read some of her speech. She tells of a world where there is no air left to breathe. Folks are forced to drink poisoned water and people starve to death. Times will be terrible. All this will come to pass if the mean old Republicans take power. Times will be terrible? She needs to stop and smell the coffee because I don't know if she has noticed but times aren't exactly great at the moment with her husband at the helm. There you have it. It goes on and on. Both sides and everywhere in the middle. We have allowed the system to become so corrupt you can have a pep rally where the super rich learn to chant how evil it is to be rich. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Don't forget to leave your big checks with the treasurer on your way out to your limo!

I know. Some are thinking I wrote this only because I dislike the President but you will have to know that I would be writing the same type of analysis were it Laura Bush or any other prominent politician. I refer to the quote from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet where Mercutio is reported to say: "A plague on both your houses." This saying depicted condemnation of both the warring factions and it has become common in our political dialogue today. Somewhere along the way it became more common to condemn the politically corrupt environment by this variation, "A pox on both or all their houses." Pretty graphic. The saying implies that one would wish a catastrophic illness to befall these warring political parties. You may be offended by that sentiment but I well understand it given today's climate. No White House residents have lived a more lavish lifestyle than the Obama's while in office, but yet, they have determined that playing upon people's fears and stirring up class warfare is the preferred strategy for them in the upcoming election. Here's another little tidbit. The President and his team have sided with the Wall Street occupiers who are living out in the streets to protest the financial inequities that exist in our country. Who do you think has generated more political contributions from Wall Street than any other candidate? By a huge overwhelming majority. That's right. It is the President. Could it be that there is a wink and a nod going on here? "Let me rant and rave and get myself reelected, then I will take care of you fellows later." My words, not his. Maybe the First Lady will go to Wall Street and teach them the new cheer about how evil it is to be rich. Just thinking out loud. I report, you decide. Have a good Wednesday and may God bless one and all, and may God bless America. Amen.           ......More later.

No comments: