Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Life is like an ice cream cone, you have to lick it one day at a time." Charles M. Schulz

Another cool morning, (35 degrees), and it feels so invigorating on this Tuesday, November 29, 2011. Except for the sniffles, but I should not complain because thus far in my journey here on the planet I've been blessed with consistent good health. Except for the diabetes. But, it is likely that it was self inflicted, therefore, I am thankful that we caught it early and I'm working on it, most days. I started to say I am doing my best but I did not want to get carried away. I have a fellow who works with me here at the company and his diabetes is much more advanced. He is currently fighting the loss of some vision along with other health issues. I work on my numbers. He works on his. I do a pretty good job most of the time. He does a pretty good job most of the time. But that doesn't mean the disease is tamed or disabled. He is proof that over a period of time it continues to do its damaging work. One of our granddaughters was recently tested because a school nurse thought she might have some signs of pre-diabetes, but thank God her blood tests came back normal. Typically, everyone has something to deal with because we do live in a fallen world and our bodies are impacted. As I read through the obituaries each day I am always impressed by those who have lived long and productive lives. Yet, when one comes up and it is a bright eyed child with a beautiful smile, my eyes fill with tears, and I am once again reminded of just how fragile life is. This reality is there for us all and it should help direct our hearts towards God for He and He alone is our daily hope. Amen.

I've never seen so many so called experts who are rooting for Tim Tebow to fail. Tebow is the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos. He has been, is now, and continues to be a voice for his love for His Savior, Jesus Christ. The experts say he lacks any of the basic skills to be a starting quarterback. They give him credit for being a good athlete but they detest the fact that he is a starter at the quarterback position. There has been only one huge problem in their assessment process. He is a winner. He won in college. He has 5 wins and 1 loss since taking over the starting role with Denver. Yes. He is unconventional because he runs the ball more than any other quarterback. However, it seems that when the chips are down he finds a way. A way to win and that has made his critics angry. Some have openly criticized him for the Jesus talk. They say the NFL is not the place for religion. Tim himself is fairly laid back, but when asked, he will stand up for his faith. Many of his fans have promoted his testimony and that's where a lot of the signs and shirts carrying a message of faith has come with him as a package. It's hard to tell sometimes whether they dislike him more because of his lack of solid mechanics or they dislike him primarily because of his faith. At any rate, I thank God for this young man who is willing to say to those who ask that Jesus Christ is the Lord of his life. I can't remember anytime in the past where so many critics were rooting for someone to fail. Personally, I hope he has a wonderful season and that he keeps on winning, but that's just me.

Some of the kiddos at the photo shoot last Saturday were a real hoot. One little girl, Presilee, took her Santa business very seriously. One of the shots we did with the children was to show them looking on as I read from The Night Before Christmas. I was showing her a picture of Santa in his sleigh with the reindeer and I said something about how that this was the way he brought the toys. She immediately corrected me and said, no that was the way "I" brought the toys. I need all the help I can get and even a five year old to help keep me in character. I'm also learning the difference between children who are afraid of Santa versus kids who are just downright obstinate. There are some who have no problems with Santa but for whatever reason they decide they will not cooperate in any way, period. Seeing mom and dad down on their knees begging a three year old to please have their photo made was enough to almost make me ill. One fellow told me that it sounded like someone needed an old fashioned spanking. I would heartily agree but that's not how its done anymore. Fortunately, those are exceptions to the rule and for the most part, it's a very wonderful experience. I keep telling myself that. Just joking. Maybe next year I will have more time to devote to this role playing opportunity. Have a great Tuesday and may God bless each one. Amen.        ....More later.

No comments: