Friday, July 2, 2010

For those counting, this is my 800th time to intrude into your world from mine!

For those who say that sticks and stones might break their bones but words, how about an avalanche of words? This is on my mind today. Why? It's my 800th time to invade your privacy with my daily musings. That's right. By my conservative calculations, many of you have endured well over 1,000,000 words conjured up, often without rhyme or reason, but plastered out there for the world to see, 800 day's worth. It is Friday, July 2, 2010 and I'm glad to be able to still be here pounding on my keyboard, and I do mean pounding. My wife tells me she has never seen anyone who hits the keys as hard as I do. I suppose I never got over learning how to touch type on an old Underwood while being tutored by Mrs. Reba Jones. A light touch on that old typewriter wouldn't have even left a smudge on the paper, therefore, I learned to type with authority, power, and pressure. My approach may be hard on the keyboard and I will admit to having worn out more than one, but in the end, it is what it is, and I am who I am, and by the grace of God, He's allowed me to share with those of you who take time to put up with and do your best to wade through my daily rants, raves, and occasionally maybe an on-target comment or two. One thing I am most proud of and absolutely sure of is how that some of what I have included in my blogs reflect perfection itself in terms of what it conveys. Are you conceited, or what? Perhaps arrogant? Wrong again bucko, because I am talking about the verses from God's Word that have found their way into my blogs. You can never, ever, under any circumstances find more powerful and perfect words. It is, after all, just what it says, The very word of God! It is, by the way, the only words I've shared that I can be 100% certain of their accuracy, veracity, and their applicability.

Many folks have been very kind to me about my blogs. Some have told me how that it must come really easy for me. Others that know me say they can actually hear me saying what I write when they read my stuff. That to me is a huge compliment and just for the record, yeah, I do enjoy writing and I do typically have things to say, but no, they are not always that easy and the daily doing of them can be quite challenging from time to time. But, they do reflect my attempt to do something that I can do and send it with a prayer that it will encourage, enlighten, bring a smile, and most importantly point everyone to the Source of my life, that being none other than God Himself. I recently told my mom how that we all can do something. She is a great cook and often prepares meals for shut-ins. She is a committed prayer warrior. She is 86 years young but she can do her something to further the Kingdom of God. That's how I see my daily blog. I've not cooked any meals for shut-ins and I've not been able to do what others can do, but I can do, with God's help, what I can do, and if that includes sharing a word from Him here and there, then I pray that He will water it and cause it to grow and blossom for His honor and glory.

The online encyclopedia tells us the number 800 follows 799, and precedes 801. Fancy that? We most likely think of the number 800 in relationship to the toll free 1-800 identity. But for me it reflects to a great extent what has been a labor of love. Sure, I've done quite a lot of joking around and in telling a good number of tall tales. I love good stories and many of the best come from real life experiences. I've tried to share what it means to recognize the blessings of knowing God and having Him with us as we face, not only the good days where things go well, but especially in those days that leave us choking back tears. I do appreciate the feedback I receive from time to time and I thank God that there have been a few days when He was able to minister to someone in a special way through this electronic blogging activity. I would apologize for being over the top on some issues and maybe tending to be overly critical as it relates to politics but it's kind of like trying to get the spilled milk back into the bottle. Hopefully, you've been able to pickup on the intentional irony and veiled sarcasm in some of my diatribes. It's been a blast and I may eventually run out of things to talk about but for now, just like I've been doing every day for the past several years, I give you fair warning, that there will be more later! Thanks for reading and may God bless us all as we continue to serve Him in our sojourn here! Amen. ......More later.

No comments: