Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Welcome to more of the same!

Good morning, come on in, make yourself comfortable, and let's spend a few minutes together as we start this brand new Tuesday, March 9, 2010. On my way in this morning I was thinking about how this writing about stuff all got started. I know many who have joined along the way haven't taken the time to go back through the archives, and I don't blame you for not doing so, therefore, I went back and copied that very first blog published on a Wednesday nearly three years ago. It was then and still is today a work in progress but isn't that exactly what life itself is all about? Here's what I had to say on that very first day:

May 9, 2007

****"Well, it took me over sixty years to get here and as Yogi Berra reportedly said, "You sure can observe a lot just by watching". That observation stuff, however, can be both good and bad especially if you are determined not to revise any of it, that is, if that's possible since reflections and memories over time tend to take on a life of their own as they all become fused together. Some days it's "Wow, I can't believe the life I have enjoyed!", while another day might be, "Hey, I'm not sure I can make one more day!". This is how it works in the so-called real world and we have trouble because the roller coaster ride can start without notice at anytime even right smack in the middle of one of those really great days and suddenly you find your heart pounding and breath interrupted by the crashing ride. Okay, maybe not quite that dramatic but with age, maturity, family, more family, relationships, issues, challenges, and chaos all around, it can be quite daunting.

However, I call this blog The View From Here because when it's all said and done, it's the way I see it. You most likely see it differently but that's what blogging is all about. We can speak from our viewpoint, our way of interpreting all the things we have to deal with, and in general, the viewfinder through which we see the world, and especially our world.

One final thought in this opening monologue: I know that without God as the foundation of my life through my identity with His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, there would be little hope in all the ups and downs encountered in this journey called life."****

And that's the way it was way back on May 9, 2007. While some of how I actually present my views may have changed over these years, a tweak here and a tweak there, essentially, I could publish this same first blog today, (come to think about it that's what I am doing), and it would accurately reflect the way I view the journey. The good news is that we do, as the old saying goes, live and learn, or, let's hope we do the learning part, because it is critical in our growing up in the Lord. Here I am today still observing, still watching, and still reporting the stuff as I see it. Hopefully, I am not who I was in 2007 because of making at least some baby step progress in the journey God has given to me. But, thankfully, while each day has the potential to bring unexpected calamity and change, He is always the same; yesterday, today, and forever. We can't count on the soundness of my observations or even our feelings about them, but we can always count on the God who so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. Finding the truth of that provision on a personal basis is the only way we can ever make sense out of this thing called life. May God bless each one and I encourage you to go out there and have yourself a blessed day! Amen. ......More later.

No comments: