Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I choose the mystery guest behind door number three!

Hello again friends and neighbors, welcome to another edition of "You have to be kidding!" live and in person originating from the thus far over-plumbed recesses of the thinking apparatus of yours truly on this Tuesday, March 30, 2010. I am pleased to report that my wife had a wonderful trip to visit her sister and brother. They have the closeness that folks write about but few ever really experience and while it can be a little cheesy to observe, I can assure you, it is genuine and I am so thankful they have their connections. But, as you know, she left and I was all alone. I did fulfill her volunteering me in my role as the Apostle James in a non-speaking, warm body presentation in the reenactment of the Garden of Gethsemane. It had been a long day Friday and we were at the Church property for several hours, therefore, I had little problem doing the falling asleep act while Jesus was praying. The presentation was a part of giving our teens a real taste and feel of what it was actually like in the days where Jesus gave His life as a payment for the sins of the world. It turned out to be a very rewarding experience for us all and from the response of our teens, they did get at least an inkling of the price paid by our Savior.

On Saturday I came into the office to work on my computer. It had developed a problem that needed some attention and we also were handling a huge delivery for one of our customers. Saturday afternoon I worked on finishing my lesson for Sunday and then received a call from my eldest. He said they wanted to drop by to pick up a rocking chair my wife had obtained for our granddaughter to have with our great granddaughter, our little bundle of Madelyn Joy. Guess what? They brought our little bundle of Madelyn Joy with them to fetch the rocking chair. I was later made aware that this was her first time to visit her great grandfather also known as "The Poppy". I got that name because once when our little Alex had to be in the ER I was there and they had stuck him multiple times without success and I must have given the doctor a particular stare because he said, "And, who would you be?" To this I responded, "I am The Poppy!" But, I digress. Little Maddy surprised me by coming with her grandparents. She was a little bent out of shape when she awoke to a different place but we soon had her settled down and for the next hour Poppy absorbed as much as he could. The remarkable thing is how much she is a carbon copy of her mommy and as I held her it was eerie because I could replicate doing the exact same thing with her mommy in the same house, in the same room, and it was a joy to experience our Madelyn Joy.

The unmistakable fact? You guessed it already. MiMi was gone and I was home alone. Therefore, when I talked to her later I told her that while she was away some company had come by. She asked who. I told her it really didn't matter since she wasn't here any way. I did tell her it was kind of a shame since she is so close to those who dropped by. I really had her going. She demanded to know who it was. Granny Mac used to say that curiosity killed the cat. I finally spilled the beans but realizing how this could have been disappointing to her, I used all of my skills to really pile it on. Okay, before you send letters about me being cruel, you have to know that it is all in good fun. Being a faithful reporter of the facts, I did not leave out any of the details of little Maddy's visit. I hadn't even thought about it being her first visit to our home until her MiMi mentioned it but I was willing to embrace that also as I detailed to her all of my hard work in representing the both of us in this endeavor. Enough already. Sure, she would have loved to have been there when our bundle of Madelyn Joy showed up but she also would never begrudge my time spent with her. It's all in good fun and we do enjoy laughing about stuff like this. It was so good to see her return home. She drove straight from Louisiana to the Church where we met up at the baptism. As I looked at her sitting there on the pew watching our granddaughter's baptism I put forth a prayer of thanksgiving to God for the wonderful woman He has given to me to be my wife. Hopefully when she reads that part she will overlook some of the other! Have a great day and may God add His blessings as we go on our way. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: