Friday, March 19, 2010

Thanks for caring enough to notice!

Just in case you missed it, we will be observing the first day of Spring on Saturday and we have a prediction of the temp in the thirties. What should we do? I suppose we can enjoy it or call 9-1-1 and ask to speak directly to Al Gore. How in the world are you doing, anyway? Welcome to a brand new Friday, the end of our work week, and also to a brand new gift called TODAY, on this March 19, 2010. I say that since last week one of my fashion critics here at the company was making noise about my bright red shirt and my bright green cap. I told him it was Christmas colors and he said that I needed to get in touch with reality because it's no longer Christmas time. To that I responded that everyday was a day when I opened a gift, just like at Christmas time, the gift of that particular day. He grunted and I wondered where all that had come from but, oh by the way, that's not a bad way to look at each new day, right? The Bible tells us to get on with it because this day is the only one we can count on and what we do or do not do will soon fade into night and then we will be involved in whatever we will face tomorrow.

I so appreciate you folks who read and comment on my blogs. I send them out each day to a number of family members, some friends, and several of my brothers and sisters in Christ from our local fellowship of believers. This past Wednesday I wrote the blog in recognition of our Kyleigh's 15th birthday. It was a fairly short blog. Later on that morning I received a call from one of our dear Church folk who wanted to know if I was okay. She and her husband was surprised by the brevity of my blog and were concerned about me being well. How sweet is that? I sure appreciate folks who care and while I can never report myself as being normal in any sense of the meaning of the word, I did report back to her that as for as I could tell I was doing okay. My grandfather could have told her that her concern was at least on track since he used to wonder out loud when I was talking if I was ever going to come up for air.

Then yesterday something happened in the delivery of my blog to my mom's email address and she called me to make sure I was okay. Thanks mom for still caring enough to check on your little boy. I re-sent my blog to her, but again, it's good to know that people care. I happen to believe that we should operate in a consistent manner that does involve doing our best to make a difference. When something interrupts that pattern it would be sad to think that no one would even notice. I didn't make my Crosstrainer Bible Club meeting last week because my wife called me and begged me not to go. She is concerned about how frazzled I've been lately and thought I needed to take the night off. I came very close to not taking her advice but as I thought about it, I understood she was not making this suggestion to keep me from going, it was only because she cares. How do you like that? I am someone that people care about? Thanks, sweetheart, for caring. Now, for me and the rest of us all, may we find ourselves doing our very best to be caring in return as we seek to honor God with the life He has given to us! Have a great Saturday and Sunday and know that I'll be here, Lord willing, doing my thing (short or long) each day. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: