Monday, January 25, 2010

MiMi said: Who will go for me? I responded: Here I am, send me!

Good Monday morning and welcome to more of the same, disconnected and discombobulated thoughts on this January 25, 2010. My wife has been ailing of late. She has some really bad allergies, sinus problems, and bronchitis as the icing on the cake. This has been going on for several weeks but last week she finally had to take a time out to deal with it. Therefore, she has been laid up in the bed or in the recliner for at least the last four days. She has been to the doctor and is on medications but this stuff appears to her to be the gift that keeps on giving. I have contended for years that nothing works like it is supposed to when the woman of the house is incapacitated. Everything is out of focus and we tend to weeble wobble our way around until she gets better. She may be a little better and I think she may try to work today but she could use prayer because she very much would like to get back on her feet. Last Friday she called me to her bedside which in this case was her recliner side and gave me a special mission to accomplish, that is, if I would be willing to accept it.

She was feeling even worse because she had not been able to see our brand new great grand, Madelyn Joy, for over a week. She had hoped to spend time with her on her day off but instead was forced to spend the day overdosing on "Deal or No Deal" on the Game Show Network. She looked pitiful as she asked me to lean near and hear her request: "Would you be willing to go and visit Madelyn and make some photos for me?" I saw her distress and determined at that very moment to do my best to honor her request and to also make her proud of my efforts to represent her to our great granddaughter. Having given her my word, she patted my hand and returned to seeing another person shout and scream as they randomly opened suit cases in search of a life changing amount of cash. It was a touching moment but I felt up to the task.

On Saturday I was up bright and early busily arranging my schedule around this special task. I drank plenty of Community so that I would be alert and sharp in my focus and conduct. I arranged a meeting time and bid farewell to my sickly wife as I left to pursue my mission. Once there I cast my eyes upon our bundle of Madelyn Joy and with all of my heart I did my best to love on her for both her MiMi and her Poppy. We did get photos and I even made a video on my cell phone. I sort of made a video since I had never made one before and the actual footage shows it. It was a most wonderful two hours of being with this special child. Having completed my mission, I then returned to report the results to Madelyn's MiMi. She looked at the photos and the video. She quizzed me about this, that, and the other. Finally, she rendered her judgment: "You really know how to rub it in, don't you?" She should have thought about just how devoted I am to making sure I do my assignments well! Go ahead and smile, I know you want to! Have a blessed work week and remember to pray for me as I deal with trying to handle all these special requests! Amen. .......More later.

No comments: