Monday, January 11, 2010

The icy stare can't be helped!

Okay, it's in the low twenties again this morning and has been this or lower for the last three days and we are no longer wondering if it is really cold, therefore, we are welcoming the promise of a thaw out today! Yeah, it is Monday, January 11, 2010 and I bid you welcome from our version of the frozen tundra where many folks are dealing with busted water pipes and other weather related issues. I was up early yesterday morning and to our local Church meeting place to get everything warmed up. We had a huge busted pipe on an old well system that is still operational at the Church. It had created a small lake of ice that ran from the side door entrance all the way out into the parking lot. Myself and another fellow was able to get the water and pump shut off and then we had to take steps to keep folks from slipping on the ice hazard. We also had some problems with the main heating systems for the sanctuary, therefore, it was an interesting morning to say the least but we were able to have all our classes and God was worshipped, people were served, and we left being able to say that it was good to have gone to the house of the Lord! Amen.

Did I mention that I was a brand new great grandfather? How many times? That many? Okay, let me just tell you that I am a little embarrassed about my eldest son. He, as a grandfather, is acting rather foolish. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen him being so silly. You would think this little girl named Madelyn was the most beautiful child ever born. I made the mistake of telling everyone yesterday that I sure am glad that I never acted that way when Madelyn's mom was born, our Tiffany. Talk about being hissed and booed off the stage! And who was leading this parade of acrimony? None other than the woman who is pledged to stay with me until death we do part, or however that goes. Even Tiffany chimed in. She said that while she was way too young to remember how her Poppy acted when she was born, the stories are legendary and she couldn't see where her dad had exceeded what she had been told about me. But that was 22 years ago and maybe it was my pre-pre-diabetes that kicked in and caused me to be a little over the top. I am quite certain that if I ever acted so strangely, there had to be a very good reason.

Pictures? We do have pictures. But I have them on my computer at home and I am not at home and I didn't send them out over the email and my wife wanted me to and I am in trouble for not doing it but you can be assured they will be a coming attraction. I understand our Brady had a great birthday party on Saturday and his cousin buddy Alex had a sleep over to help in the celebration. I talked to Brady Saturday morning and he thanked me for wishing him a wonderful birthday. It is a cold day here but much colder in many other places, however, as I held little Madelyn Joy yesterday and felt her warmth I was again reminded of God's hand of blessing upon us. We have lots of things to pray about and sometimes we feel loaded up with care but my how we are blessed to know Him, to know He cares, and to be able to thank Him for the handfuls on purpose He provides! Amen. ......More later.

No comments: