Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Unplugged!

I bring you greetings and salutations on this Wednesday, October 21, 2009. I am going to take the next couple of days off and add them to Saturday and Lord’s Day Sunday to see if I can rest my overwrought gray cells. My wife is off this week taking some time she has to use before the holiday season begins. She and I will be hanging out together. This is a very brief hiatus and I’ve decided to shut down all blog operations until this same time, same station, next Monday, October 26, where I will try to have some unscrambled thoughts for a change, Lord willing. We have plenty of home improvement jobs to occupy our time off and we will be doing some of them or none of them or something entirely different, or nothing at all, or maybe a really great idea will occur to us as we evaluate all the choices we have.

Whatever we decide to do or not do, I don’t want us to become overtaxed in our trying to relax so much that we end up being tired from the evaluation process. Just joking. We are planning at least a one-day trip to visit my folks over in Louisiana. My mom’s internet appliance went belly up a few weeks ago and I’m going over to install a newer model. Of course being off makes it harder when I exchange one workday routine for my stay at home routine because they are very similar. What I need is a lazy day routine but I would have to research that subject and determine which one would be a best fit and that would take time and effort and pretty soon I would be exhausted from getting ready to get ready to relax. When a computer gets all messed up you can wipe everything out, reload from scratch, and start over. That might be a good option for clearing my mind but I may not have a valid set of files to reload from!

I’ve arranged for someone to cover my class this next Sunday but I’m also already working on my lesson for the following Sunday’s study. I studied several so-called weekend get away packages and they all seemed to end up with one result, as my grandfather would say: Too much sugar for a dime. I love a Jacuzzi as much as the next person but I’m not too keen on renting one along with a room for a few days that ends up costing as much as having one installed in my home. Sure, that’s the very kind of thinking I should be trying to dismiss. Right? Right! Go for it! Walk on the other side of the street for a change! Let down your guard for once! Be a free spirit! Hey, you talking to me? You know, I might just do that very thing. Instead of getting up at 3:30 a.m. I might wait until 4 a.m., or really go crazy and make it 4:30 a.m. Instead of putting enough Community Coffee to make 14 cups with only 10 cups of water, I’ll bump it up to 16 cups instead. The possibilities are endless and I can feel the excitement stirring even as these early over the top ideas come to mind. Think about it, it could be worse. You could be me! I leave you with a prayer that you and yours will be blessed by the Lord and I do look forward to seeing you again next week. Amen. ……..More later.

No comments: