Monday, October 26, 2009

Plugged back in and re-energized!

Welcome back to the wonderful world of my whacked out attempts to be witty and wise. It is Monday, October 26, 2009 and I have returned from a wonderful four-day respite. Often you hear that all good things come to an end or we’re friends to the end but this is the end my friend, but to me, while I greatly enjoyed my time away, it is always wonderful to be back in the saddle again (think Gene Autry) at the old keyboard click clacking away. I thought I would do a little bit different style of show and tell for you on my first day back. I think you will catch it as I proceed. By the way, how in the world are you doing, anyway? I do hope you and yours are up, going, and thanking God for His blessings.

Here is a photo of a wonderful place. I have no idea where it is but it looks like one of those great serenely beautiful spots. We, however, did not see anything like this while we enjoyed our time off. The next shot was taken at the Temple Mount area in Jerusalem. This is one of my favorite spots on earth. I believe it is special land that God has always favored and I believe it figures prominently in the end times that we are currently living in. It’s hard to contemplate all the world’s history that centers in and around this spot on the globe. Jesus actually walked there and before Him, His Jewish ancestors played out their lives in this very territory. Oh, by the way, we didn’t jet over to Jerusalem for a get-a-way last week but it is a remarkable site to study and think about.

Finally, here’s another photo from an exotic location we also didn’t visit last week. You do know how I love the cold or at least you know how I love talking about how much I love the cold. It remains to be seen how I could function if I was stuck in a seriously cold place for an extended amount of time. But no cold place for us last week. I know the big question is building: What exactly did you do with your time away from work last week? We did some yard work. We did go and visit my mom and dad and were able to get her new internet device going. We enjoyed some wonderful fellowship with my folks, my brother and his wife, my wife’s sister, my sister, and our nephew Shelton. We did this that and the other but what made it special was that we did what we did …. TOGETHER. I have said many times and will say it again: Next to my salvation, the greatest blessing in my life is my wife and family. Spending time with her will always trump all other attractions. We ran here and there, we got some things accomplished, we laughed a lot, and we enjoyed what the experts call: quality time together. People always imply how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful woman as my wife. What? They think I don’t know it? I said, “I do” many years ago and I still “do” today! Now back to the real world, but give me a day or two to regain my footing. Okay? Have a blessed week. Amen. …..More later.

No comments: