Monday, October 12, 2009

Another loud one in a series of wake up calls!

Good morning and welcome to a brand new workweek on this Monday, October 12, 2009. I am still reeling from the announcement last Friday that President Obama has received the Nobel Peace Prize. He had only taken office two weeks before the deadline for nominations! In fairness to other nominees, this would technically mean they had only his campaign promises plus two weeks of performance to evaluate before awarding him what is thought to be one of the most prestigious awards in the world. My neck is about worn out from the double takes! You must be kidding! It’s interesting how the committee made the award and also immediately began to campaign for why it was not rigged. This, in my opinion, would never be necessary if the person being recognized clearly deserved the award. As Shakespeare wrote in his play Hamlet, “Methinks thou protesteth too much.” I am telling one and all, we had better pay attention to these unprecedented times in which we are living!

Many have portrayed this award as a final slap in the face to President George W. Bush, since President Obama has what they have called to be a refreshing global perspective instead of an America first viewpoint. I have many things that disappointed me about our previous president but his standing up for our country and our values and our way of life is not on that list. Think about it folks, if this was the reason for giving President Obama this award, then to me, this award really has been reduced to nothing more than a political statement as opposed to something recognizing great merit and accomplishment. But I fear there is more to it than this. While I am not a chicken little, sky is falling type of person, I will tell you at times I have trouble knowing whether these headlines are coming from newspapers or from the prophecies found in The Revelation of Jesus Christ as recorded in God’s Holy Word. I keep remembering that passage from Acts where that renowned king made a speech and the people hearing him said it was not the voice of a man but rather it was the voice of a god. God did not take that lightly. (Read it for yourself, Acts Chapter 12) Amazing!

I don’t know how it feels to be tasered. I’ve seen it done on the Cop shows and in training clips. I think they hit a person with about 60,000 volts and it usually gets their attention. Day after day these reports hit and they are to me like being hit by lightning. Have we all become so immune or so conditioned that we respond only with our trademarked: “Oh well."? I think it should drive us all to our knees because we see daily what God calls perversion not only being promoted but it is also being permeated into our laws. Meanwhile, the world faints from its exhausted applause for those perpetrating these ungodly acts and for the most part we who are believers remain frozen in our complacency. I don’t know where all of this will lead but I am aware of God’s decrees and I am very much aware of His response when He has had enough. (Read it for yourself, Romans Chapter 1) I plead with us all to seek God and His intervention while we still have time. Amen. …..More later.

No comments: