Thursday, October 29, 2009

Conversation starters.

Welcome to Thursday, October 29, 2009. We have been fighting a losing battle with meeting our rainfall targets since last spring in this part of the country. However, I think we are trying to make it all up in a matter of weeks. We had a huge rain this past Monday and are expecting more of the same today and tomorrow. Since many folks are stuck inside during the rain, I thought I would share a list of supposedly the current most popular topics that can be used to get a conversation going. I thought they were very interesting and they do reveal some detail and depth when someone responds. Therefore, just for the record, I’ll give the questions and then I will surprise myself along with you as I attempt to answer them.

1.Who is the most interesting person you ever met? 2. Where in the world would you most like to visit? 3. What has been the most life-changing experience you've ever had? 4. What is the most spontaneous thing you've ever done? 5. Who's had the biggest influence on your life? 6. What thing that you haven't yet done would you most like to do? 7. What is the best quality you've inherited from either of your parents? 8. From which person have you learned most in your life? 9. What historical figure do you most identify with? 10. What kind of music do you like?

1. There is absolutely no way for me to answer this question. Too many to name and I wouldn’t know where to start. Several names come to mind but I will have to get back to you on this one. 2. This one is easy. I have always wanted to spend some quality time in Israel and still hope to do so before I leave this life for the next. 3. Anyone who has experienced salvation through Jesus Christ has to make this the only true answer to this question. Everything else would pale in comparison. 4. On a whim, I once drove from Texas to Colorado just to get a fresh breath of air. 5. This is another one that has so many candidates. My mom, of course, her dad who was my grandfather, my wife, her dad who was my father in law, and a huge number of others, therefore, this is another incomplete answer. 6. It is related to number two but in general to be able to travel at will and to be able to visit far-flung places would be very high on this list. 7. Work ethic and perseverance. 8. Okay, another impossible single person answer since I’ve been blessed to have numerous mentors that have contributed so much to my life. 9. The immediate name that comes to mind is Robert E. Lee. He was a brilliant general, a strong believer in God, and a man of integrity and honor. 10. Okay, you have pegged me as being someone who can’t really do well in summarizing. I love many types of music from sacred to Cajun, from bagpipes to big band, from classical to easy listening, and on and on and on.

There you have it. Good questions with my not so good answers. But they are my answers. You have yours and I have mine. I suppose that’s why they are called conversation starters. See. You learn something everyday! Have a blessed day. Amen. I’ll probably still be trying to sort out these answers in my dreams tonight. ….More later.

No comments: