Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm Already B-A-A-A-Ck!!!!!!!!

That's right! I was at the Super Duper Center at 7 a.m., this morning and back home by 9:30 a.m. I had my list and I had my shopping game face on and I got in, got it done, and got back out, with little to no interference or trouble. That's not to say I didn't see quite a few people there walking around like they were in a daze. They must have not gotten the memo about making sure I had the place to myself.

I guess it is something about it being so early in the morning or maybe only morning people (which I am!) were there because everyone seemed to be in a really good mood. The goods were in disarray and there were the normal area supervisors barking out orders like someone had died and left them in charge, but on the whole, it wasn't that bad. My approach was to cruise up and down the aisles forth and back before choosing anything. I did this for about thirty minutes in the toy department so I could get an idea of exactly what was still on the shelves. I hate it when you are always finding something more to your liking and then having to take the item in your basket back to where you originally found it. Okay, I know most people just throw it out wherever they happen to be but I only do that when I can't find the place where I picked it up. That's happened a few times but I usually try to be a shopper with integrity.

I would have liked to have avoided anything with a 'Made in China' label on it but to tell the truth I don't think my grandchildren are ready for wooden clothing. I was able to diversify some by finding stuff made in India and Pakistan. I still remember when the founder of this huge conglomerate once had a 'Made in the USA' campaign, but things haven't been the same since he passed away a number of years ago.

This concludes this phase of the 2007 Christmas Celebration Project. On Monday I will be visiting the grocery store to prepare for our annual steak cookout for Christmas Day. Yeah, that's what we've been doing over the past twenty five years and we all look forward to it. There will be huge thick beef steaks for our three sons and one of the daughters-in-law, and I reckon this year I will have a small one, and a few medium ones for others and we will do charbroiled chicken for those who enjoy that better. We'll also have a garden salad, baked potatoes with all the stuffings, lightly seasoned mushrooms, some pinto beans, and fresh baked bread. Of course there will be all kinds of desserts appropriate for the holiday and we are so looking forward to having our bunch together next Tuesday.

I may be sixty plus but I still get excited as we anticipate family, food, and fellowship. We also know that God has provided all that we have and it is because of Him that we are able to put together this special gathering. I do hope as well that you are making plans to enjoy this special time! ......More later.










No comments: