Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Good Old Days Test

I copied these from a website and couldn’t believe that I do remember almost every one of them, and most of them all too well. I’m not sure where this places me but I’m certain that identifying with these does put me in my place. So take a look and see just how many of them you can identify with and then you will know exactly which era you fit into. Wow! Sadly, it seems like only yesterday…………..

The Good Old Days

Do you remember the good old days? Well I sure do! If your memory needs a little nudge, some of these things will take you right back, and I hope bring a smile to your face!

Sometimes you picked up the phone and heard voices! Remember those party lines! We shared the lines! You had to remember your ring before you answered the phone, one long, two short!

Playing tag and hide and go seek on a summer evening.

Catching lightening bugs in a jar. Sometimes we pinched off the glowing end and put it on our finger for a glorious glowing ring! (I feel so guilty! How could we do that?)

Wringer washers! What work that was,and then if you didn't get your arm caught in the wringer you had to lug a basket of wetclothes to the back yard and hang them on the line.

Sprinkle bottles...remember how we had to sprinkle down the clothes after they dried and roll them up tight and put them back in the basket? Then came the hard part! We ironed everything!


Do you remember any of these: Window fans, Kick the Can, roller skates with keys, coonskin caps, hula hoops, 45 records,cherry cokes, juke boxes, pony tails, bobbi sox, penny loafers, sideburns, Breck & Halo Shampoo, drive in movies, jacks, going home for lunch, marbles, monopoly, rabbit ears, aluminum glasses, sweater sets, white gloves, and can can slips, the smell of Old Spice, penny candy, and Mother May I.

How about? See The USA In Your Chevrolet. You'll wonder where the yellow went if you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.
Step on a crack...break your mother's back.


Red Rover, Red Rover, won't you come over.
Pepsi-cola hits the spot, 12 full ounces that's a lot. Twice as much for a nickel too Pepsi Cola is the drink for you.
Hi! I'm Buster Brown, I live in a shoe! That's my dog Tige, and he lives there too!

…..More later.

No comments: