Does anyone know where I should turn in my nurse's uniform? That's a joke. The jacket that comes with it is a size 38-40, just in case you are interested. Still joking. I'm thinking of adding these bedside skills to my resume. At 80, my resume is already quite lengthy. Think about it. Just listing the years takes a couple of pages. Ha! I know what many of you are thinking. The need for a resume, well, that train left the station a long time ago. And that it did; however, it doesn't mean I'm not adding new items all the time. When you no longer have anything to add, well, I think we all know what that means. Cue the dirge. I'm just joking around to try to make up for my sadness in being an unemployed male nurse. Ha! Okay. That's not only enough, but it was enough some time ago. Lord willing and as He provides, here is what I have in mind for the rest of this week and leading into next week. Ready? I will continue to get ready to finish getting ready for teaching the last two chapters in the Old Testament Book of Ruth. What a great writing preserved for our learning. (Romans 15:4) The wife said I could teach the entire book without even reading it again, but that's just her opinion. Here's the truth: Keep on studying because God shows us something different every time we do. He does. He really does. All of this studying is in preparation for what happens next week. That's right. My broken record keeps on keeping on; that is because I'm talking about Sunday, the first day of next week, and that's when we get to go to the meeting place of our local called-out assembly. Yay and Amen. God shows up in a special way when His people gather together to hear from Him. He does. He really does. Amen.
Friday, August 28, 2026
This Buck Owens Song reminds me of when I first saw the girl of my dreams, now the wife of my youth: "I was looking back to see If you were looking back to see If I was looking back to see If you were looking back at me"
Okay. I have checked the calendar on this personal computer, and it agrees: Today is Friday, August 28, 2026. Thanks for showing up. I hope you know how encouraging it is to know you're keeping up with what's happening here at the ole blogger ranch. Thanks ever so much for your prayers on behalf of the wife of my youth in her recovery from surgery, and for our son Jimmy also in recovery from some cracked ribs and a fractured vertebra. She sees her primary care doctor today for a follow-up and her surgeon next week. Jimmy has an appointment next week to further examine his spine. Meanwhile, yours truly is pretty much wearing out his welcome as the self-appointed medical administrator. How do I know this? It has something to do with the decibel ratings coming from the patient side of the house, but I will save that for another day. Perhaps when I am out of town and out of range, if you get my drift. I may be 80 years young, but I am still in a learning mode. This happened to me the other day: I was sitting downstairs, and a really great idea came to me, and it involved making something on the computer. There have been times in my life when I would have been very proud of myself for coming up with that kind of idea. Not this time. I stopped. I looked up. I thanked God for His provision. You might think that somewhat lame, but at my age, you gain a better understanding that it all comes from Him and He deserves the praise for it. It does. He really does. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment