I do like to tell funny stories, mostly about myself. Why? That seems to be the safest approach in our world since it is ever so hypersensitive. Funny stories can be very embarrassing. I am vertically challenged. Some call it short. I remember one time getting on the elevator at the company where I worked. It was a little crowded, but this very attractive lady standing in the back blurted out, "Well look at you, it's so good to see you again." My countenance changed, and I was about to give her my response when the taller fellow who had pushed in behind me said rather loudly, "Yeah, it's good to see you too." I didn't have a mirror, but I imagine my face looked all potted meat and purple. That was a very long time ago, but because of the mistaken identity and the overload of embarrassment, I do still remember. I wouldn't doubt that it may have happened around the time the song came out saying short people have no reason to live. ('Short People' written and sung by Randy Newman, 1977) I used to measure 5 feet, 7 inches tall; however, the home health folks informed me that I am not so slowly shrinking. I wondered why my pants legs were getting longer. Ha! As you can readily see, it doesn't bother me, not in the least, no, not at all. You did hear me right, not at all. I thought that might brighten someone's day, especially all you taller people. God does love us where we are, but He doesn't intend for us to stay there. While I am almost certain not to grow any taller in the physical realm, we all, those who are God's very own children, have every opportunity to grow spiritually taller and also stronger up and until we draw our last breath. That's what He wants us to do. He does. He really does. Amen.
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
NET Bible ~ 1st John Chapter 3, Verse 2: "Dear friends, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that whenever it is revealed we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is."
It's Wonderful Wednesday, and as I understand it, it began shortly after midnight yesterday. Ha! Regardless, it is the day the Lord has given to us; therefore, let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm118:24) And in our world it's counted as August 12, 2026. I thought about using the proverbial "I'm okay, you're okay" moniker, but that likely doesn't account for all the different situations folks deal with. I will tell you this. When I am in my right position of knowing exactly my relationship with Almighty God, I can very much identify with the sentiment of an old Southern Gospel quartet song that says, "I've got the Lord, and that's enough, that's enough, that's enough for me!" Notice I said when I am in the right position. Confession time. I am not always in the right position. Even when I am not where I should be, He remains faithful to His own. In fact, no one, including me, myself, and I, can change the new identity I received when I called on the name of the Lord to save me. Jesus made this clear. John 10:28-29 "...and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish—ever; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand." (As rendered in the Legacy Standard Bible, LSB.) This gives me confidence. Not confidence in me. That would be laughable. Confidence in Him, and Him alone. I can remember things spoken by my folks over the years. Many have gone on to their reward, but I still remember. As I was writing this today, I remembered something my mom said many times: "Son, I just don't know how people make it without Jesus." My response to that sentiment as I near the eight-decade mark is, "I don't either."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment