I've heard my siblings talk some about their memories of those years, but my mom never wanted to relive those traumatic times; therefore, I'm left with bits and pieces, and none of them belong directly to me. I hear you. If that's the worst thing I can come up with, I must be in pretty good shape. I agree. But as they say, I'm just sharing. I can think of the very worst thing that could happen to anyone. That, my dear reader, is to leave this life without having put their trust in Jesus as Savior, guaranteeing an unending life with Him forever in eternity future. That's not all. Hell is real, and it is the destination of those who have not responded to the Cross, where Jesus paid for their sins. That would be the greatest of all tragedies, for anyone, period. If you read this writing wherever you happen to be, anywhere the internet carries this blog, you can avoid hell and gain heaven. You can. You really can. And, you can do it, now! Here are the simple truths that can change your destiny: Bad news, Romans 3:23: "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard." Even worse news, Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death...." Good news, Romans 5:8: "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."The best news of all, Romans 10:13: "For everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." Reading these truths, if God the Holy Spirit is speaking to you, respond by doing exactly that: call on Him, ask Him to save you and change you. He listens to the heart, and it is a childlike response to Him who died for you. It is. It really is. I've been talking about remembering. The Bible tells us about a thief who was crucified alongside our Lord. In the Gospel record we read, "Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.' Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.'" Luke 23:42-43. (All Bible verses copied from the New Living Translation, NLT.) Okay. That's it for today. Don't forget to show up tomorrow, where, Lord willing, I will have even more stuff to throw onto the electronic page. Amen.
Monday, August 10, 2026
"Blocking childhood memories is a natural defense mechanism. The brain hides painful or scary events to help a child survive emotional overload. This process is also known as dissociative amnesia." ~ copied
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment