I didn't check with the grammar czar regarding my tone in that first paragraph. I actually do worry about coming across too preachy. At the same time, let me be honest. I don't envy anyone who analyzes almost anything I have produced. I mostly am happy when it finds its way onto the electronic page. I do obsess over it at times, and like the other day when I used a Bible verse out of context, it actually bugged me until I could correct it in the next edition. I well remember seeing a number of my essay papers with x's, circles, fact questions, and more notes than could be counted, all in red. One day I asked one of my instructors why that much corrective information had been scribbled all over my writing. She said something like this. Son, you have potential. Because you do, I want you to be the best you can be. That is why I spent that much time on your work. I know I have problems with run-on sentences, dangling participles, subject-verb errors- you name it, I'm probably guilty of it. I used to blame it on the Apostle Paul, who penned one sentence comprising between 207 and 257 words depending on the Greek text variant. (Ephesians Chapter 1, verses 3-14) Yeah. I know. His words were Holy Spirit God-inspired. Mine are not. You can quote me on that. Ha! May God add His blessings. Amen.
Tuesday, August 11, 2026
"Hymns are like a spiritual language that transcends time and space, allowing us to communicate with God in a unique and profound way." - Unknown
Today. It is Tuesday, August 11, 2026. I pray all are well as we continue our journey together on the planet. We had the Southern Gospel Group, Greater Vision, with us at our local fellowship of believers this past Sunday evening. We have hosted many different singing groups over the years. Have you ever noticed the difference between those who are great entertainers versus those who seem to communicate God's voice right smack into your hearing heart? That's how I felt when Greater Vision sang. It was much more than a concert. Don't get me wrong. The music was great, the vocals wonderful, but the lyrics were both heart- and gut-wrenching, many of them written by the very performers on the platform. It was a very special evening. Maybe it was because I needed to hear what they had set to music? Fair enough. I will say this about that. We, in our home, probably watch and listen to more religious music reflecting many different genres than most. That doesn't make me an expert, but it does mean I know when God speaks through the medium of lyrics and music. I do. I really do. I mentioned before the impact that the 34th Psalm set to music and sung by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir has had on my life. It's on YouTube. I dare you to, no, I double dog dare you to look that song up and see what it will do in your life. One of the principal singers on that recording is Durell Comedy. He has sung that song at our local fellowship. I met him, gave him a hug, and I told him what that one song has meant in my life. That song has been viewed and listened to by millions. It has. It really has. Durell is currently the worship pastor at one of our very large sister churches here in our area. I think I wrote about this for a reason. Entertainment versus God-honoring lyrics that Holy Spirit God prompts the heart to respond. I report. I decide. And you can join me if you would like. Ha! (To be clear: Professional Southern Gospel singers are typically paid for their appearances, and it usually is their full-time jobs.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment