Monday, November 2, 2020

Running a little late again but it might be related to the Blue Moon.

Mr. Bentley returned from the groomers this past Saturday sporting a Halloween kerchief.
Good morning and I bid you a hearty hello from our neighborhood to yours. It is Monday, November 2, 2020, and I bring you greetings from our quarantine headquarters. I hope you survived Halloween and the heralded Blue Moon of the once in a blue moon saying. I didn't dig very deep but the blue moon is designated as such due to it being the second full moon in the same month. There is also information as to why there may be at times a bluish color. At any rate, it has been the subject of a lot of discussions and it is found in music all over the place. A search on lyrics.com produced these results: 6,645 lyrics, 138 artists, and 50 albums matching blue moon. I'm sure many of these are repeats of some of the classic Blue Moon tunes. Today is the day before the election and I don't know about you, but, I'm praying for a peaceful transition, regardless of the outcome. I also will not be sad to see this cycle in the rearview mirror. What about you?

2019 Project: Light Shine.
I was out with Mr. Bentley a time or two on Halloween night and saw a larger than I expected number of families and groups walking around for trick or treat activities. We were completely blacked out due to our COVID lockdown. Last year, we participated in something called the 'Light Shine' program where we gave out candy but also included Gospel tracks and invitations to our local assembly, Mims Baptist, Conroe. We had met up with some dear friends in the Imperial Oaks subdivision and had a wonderful evening of greeting children of all ages, giving out candy, and telling people about Jesus. I was both surprised and pleased that many of the folks over in that area asked where Santa was this year. They told them Santa was a wee bit under the weather. I'm sure the kiddoes wondered if Santa could be under the weather, but, I do remember that cartoon from way back when he was sick and it looked as if they would have to cancel Christmas. We have received two more inquiries about having us at an event to go with the six we have on our schedule. When I tell them all our events are being designed around observing safety and health protocols that may give them a reason to think about how that would work. We are anxious to see how it will work too.


People have asked if we have any ideas about how our Jimmy contracted the Coronavirus. He doesn't have a clue. Maybe at Walmart, Sonic, or contact with someone who works with a lot of other people. Just no way to know. One thing I've noticed is how many families and friend groups are going forward with social events like parties and other celebrations. Looking at the photos, I see a lot of people close together with no masks or social distancing. This may be related to a general sense of virus fatigue. Some so-called experts are advising people to show their thankfulness for their families by avoiding a Thanksgiving gathering this year. We are not there yet. I use that so-called intentionally because I do know there are those within our society that would love to see families fractionalized and disrupted. Sorry, if that seems a little over the top but there are forces at work that hate the traditional family configuration. We are currently in a wait and see as we have to deal with the current isolation and quarantine program, however, we greatly desire to see our family. We do. May God provide is my prayer. For us all. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: