Wednesday, December 18, 2019

"Today is a HUUUGGGEEE day for our family!"

It's Wednesday, December 18, 2019, and as our President would say, "Today is a HUUUGGGEEE day for our family!" That would be correct.

Happy 55th wedding anniversary to my lovely bride, Marilyn! When asked by younger fellows what the secret to having a successful marriage I can only tell them what I have learned, first and foremost, it is only by the grace of God. And, as important, as the man in the equation, it is discovering and applying the true meaning of God's Word when we read the God-breathed out admonition, "Husbands love your wives in the same way Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her." (My paraphrase of Ephesians 5:25) Sure. She has her own responsibilities before God, but, I can only do what I can do, with God's help. I am deeply grateful to God for giving to me such a wonderful mate. May we continue to do our best to be who He would have us to be for his honor and glory. Amen. And, as always a final personal message to my bride, "Baby, you're the greatest!"

We also pause to recognize our very first grandson to arrive on the scene 23 years ago today. Happy Birthday to our Jimmy Jr! This boy, from the get-go, became a part of the fabric of who we are and we carry him always in our hearts. May God continue to bless our Jimmy Jr., as he continues his journey here. Amen. Our love, MiMi and Poppy

We also pause to recognize our daughter-in-law Mitzi as she too celebrates her birthday today. Mitzi is married to our youngest, Rodney, and is the mother to our wonderful grandchildren, Kyleigh, Lexie, and Brady. We thank God for Mitzi's commitment to family and we pray that God will add His blessings to her special day. Amen. Our love, Mom and Dad

No comments: