Monday, December 9, 2019

Reporting. Not sure for duty. But, reporting.

Yeah. I am aware that I am running a bit late this morning. There's a couple of reasons. I have met myself coming back several times over the past few days, and, there are times when the gray cells put their out of order sign up, leaving me with very little to say. It is Monday, December 9, 2019. I did get the Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day wrong. It was this past Saturday not Friday as I shared in my last episode. I did consider that perhaps it was the 7th somewhere in the world, but, that sounded pretty lame, therefore, I went to YouTube and called up the James Taylor, Paul Simon, Art Garfunkle version of "Wonderful World" that leads with 'don't know much about history'. I figured that would at least provide some recovery from my infamous misstep. Yes. I did use infamous intentionally as in, "This day will live in infamy." from President Franklin D. Roosevelt in his speech to Congress regarding the Pearl Harbor attack. We live, we learn, we live some more and we continue to learn, albeit, ever so slowly as the years go by. And, as you can tell, I am still able to crank out a few keystrokes even if the gray cells are contemplating going on strike.

I had something happen yesterday in the Santa chair that I don't believe I've ever experienced. A couple showed up with their little boy. The little boy was having no part of having his photo taken with Santa. The lady in her early 30's was acting a little strange. She said she had never been so excited to see Santa. The photographer finally made photos of the little boy sitting in my chair while I waited in the other room. I came back in. Dad took the boy outside and the lady told the photographer that she had always dreamed of having her photo made with Santa, but, even as a little girl, she never got to have one made. The photographer asked if she wanted to have one made now. She said yes. She came over to the chair and was obviously nervous. She was pretty hefty and didn't want to hurt my knee. I told her to just sit down and relax. We made several photos and she left happy as a lark. I've had my photos made with many ladies over the years, but, that was a first for someone who brought a child, the child wouldn't do it, but, the lady did. It just goes to show you. Well, I'm not sure what it goes to show but it does remind us that people are the funniest animals on the planet.

Please continue to pray for our middle son, Jimmy, as he continues to be treated for both pneumonia and some type of staph blood infection. They are talking about him coming home next week with a Picc Line inserted so he can continue to receive antibiotic treatment. Last Tuesday when I insisted he go to the ER, it was because of the gurgling sound he was making. I don't know why, but, it somehow reminded me of hearing my dad in that back bedroom struggling with the fluid on his lungs. At any rate, God's hand was in it because the medical staff soon discovered that pneumonia was the least of his problems. One of them even told him he should be glad pneumonia brought him to the hospital so they could deal with the more serious infection. My take? God is always at work and we thank Him for His provisions. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: