Thursday, September 19, 2019

“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.” ― Rebecca McKinsey

It is another day in the neighborhood and I bring each one greetings from my little slice of the world to yours, on this Thursday, September 19, 2019. For those wondering, I still start my day off with some hot, black, strong Community coffee, and, yes, I still check the obituaries from several sources, but, no, I don't do it to see if I am still alive. That's a very old joke for those who might not recognize it. I also check my blood sugar several mornings per week. I do that first thing. After retiring last October from my regular day job, I became somewhat lax in doing my diabetic finger prick testings. Guess what happens when you don't test? The numbers go up. I probably knew that already, but, whether it is psychological or not, when I am on a regular regimen of checking my blood, I maintain lower numbers. That's a fact. And, may I add, I have the numbers to prove it. I will admit I am not as disciplined as I have been in the past, but, I am currently maintaining, for my age, reasonable control of my diabetes. For that I am thankful. Especially for the medications, I take since I'm sure they are working much harder than I am. I consider myself to be blessed to have discovered this Type 2 condition when we did, and, to have had the excellent medical care since beginning this diabetic journey back in 2007. I do appreciate my wife, my children, and my grandchildren all showing concern as they are often heard saying, "Are you sure you should be eating that?"

With the recent rain event in our area, the subject of Fake News became a hot topic. It shouldn't surprise us that some enterprising techie could put up a message about the schools being closed. This type of Fake News is pretty much in your face and who knows if everyone got the correcting posting? While it may seem that I have a vendetta against the NY Times, their approach to intentionally misleading their readers is much more subtle and subversive. Their recent story about a fellow who said he heard someone say they saw something involving Supreme Court Justice Bret Kavanaugh when Kavanaugh was in college and it involved a type of sexual assault. The fellow who said he heard something turns out to be a Democratic Party operative and close confidant of the Clintons. They didn't state that. However, the malpractice in reporting came when it was found out the female college student who was supposedly the victim has no recollection of this event. The NY Times knew this was her statement. Yet, they did not include that fact and ran the story anyway. Why? Here's my take: They are concerned about the makeup of the current court. Too many constitutionalists for their progressive ideals. They want to change the makeup of the court which is pretty hard to do since the justices have lifetime appointments. However, if they could get Justice Kavanaugh impeached that would help their cause. One more time. Their editors knew the truth about this allegation, yet, they reported the story as being factually accurate. Can't argue what they did. You will have to decide what you think their motivation would be for running the story the way they did.

Hello, my, it's been a while since you have heard from me. My name is Bentley or if you want to be technical about it, they say it can be expressed as Sir Bentley Barksalot, Esq. Yep. The people here do try their hand at comedy from time to time. As much as I love them, I think I would have to say their comedic talents could use some improvement. I hear them tell people all the time that I have never been taught that I am a dog. Everyone then laughs. I can't for the life of me figure out what that even means, but, they say it all the time, so, I guess if it makes them happy, go for it. They moved my sleeping kennel into the master bedroom. That way I don't wake up as much when I hear sounds during the night. In fact, they are quite proud of me sleeping each night from around 9:45 p.m. to 5 a.m. I just sleep but they make a big deal out of it. All of my efforts to make them stay in the house, well, they have not kept them from leaving me throughout the week. Last Sunday I came up with a new tactic. I parked myself in front of the bedroom closet so he couldn't open the door and get his dress-up clothes. He told me to move. I acted hard of hearing. He told me again. Finally, guess what he did? He opened the door and it hit me on my backside. The nerve! I still wouldn't budge. I thought about hiding his shoes, but, I tried that with his socks and he only found another pair. He carried me to see those people who wear smocks the other day. I hate that place. They all act lovey-dovey but trust me, they can stick a needle in your rear-end before you know what's happening. It had been a while since I saw those people and they couldn't get over how much I had grown. One said, "I can't believe it's our little Bentley!" Come on lady, I'm nearly 10 months old and I do have to eat. Right? As for the lady of the house, well, she wants me to be on my best behavior, all the time. She obviously has not read the puppy manual. I need my space. I have to express my inner puppyness. Just for the record, she expresses herself quite well with that plastic spatula. Okay. I better go for now and practice being on my best behavior. If anyone knows what that is, please drop me a line. Thanks.

Have a great rest of the day and may God add His blessings. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: