Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"It is mind-boggling to me that the Almighty power created everything I see; the Bible says that God created the entire universe just so he could create this galaxy just so he could create Earth so he could create human beings so he could create a family." ~ Rick Warren

The countdown continues. The anticipation is building. There's some real excitement brewing. It won't be long now. I can hardly wait. No. Not Christmas Day. I'll get to that one later. I'm talking about me finishing up on my professional Santa Claus duties after today and tomorrow. Mostly, I'm just messing with you on this Wednesday, December 21, 2016. I've been fitting in some shopping when I can and there's a real frenzy going on out there. The wife and I were in one of the mega toy stores the other evening and it was elbow to elbow crowded. I don't watch any zombie shows, period, end of story. However, the folks working in that store. Well, given their demeanor and the blank stare in their eyes, I think they might audition as a zombie on the spot. My wife does try to keep an eye on me. I did take something from another person's cart and was looking at it when she and the worker lady simultaneously said no, it belongs to someone else. The fellow came over to his cart and I apologized. He thought it was funny and pointed me to the shelf where he had found that item. The wife had a photo of a gift item that according to her smart aleck phone that business should have had several of them, so, she asked one of those zombie boys about it, showing him the picture, and he stumbled off and we never saw him again. Bottom line, we didn't blame him in the least.

I know some of you picked up on my comments about the Santa enterprise, and you may have recalled my long standing rule about never complaining when it is a self inflicted situation. I am well aware of my own rules but thanks for reminding me. Let me also make it clear that in my humble opinion, I was not complaining, just explaining, you know, sharing. I'm trying to remember if that ever worked when the boys tried to use that as a response. Oh well, I'm 70 now, and while I've been called an eccentric for years, I'm feeling more comfortable these days with that designation. There's some good news in all the hustle and bustle that defines this season. It has to do with remembering the Reason for the Season. Our little Bible study group has been continuing in our reading again as if it were for the first time, the Old Testament prophetic passages about the Promised Coming One. We then read the specific New Testament verses that speak precisely to how Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled that very passage. All I can tell you is that some of these correlations are breathtaking. They have caused us to stop and be in awe of God's plan to redeem His fallen human creation. As I go here and there I can't help but think on those things and at times I nearly gasp as my heart gushes forth in worship of my Lord and Savior. Don't know what I am talking about? These passages are easy to find. Google it. Read them and be blessed. Amen and Amen.

A funny thing happened to me on my way to doing my blog today. I hit a huge roadblock with this warning: BLANK PAGE. Here I am working on the third paragraph and to be honest, I will need to go back and read what's in the first two because when I sat down I didn't have a clue. That's why I am always thankful to round up some words and get them onto the electronic page. As I often remind us, anytime we share truth about God and His love, it is being delivered to the right address. I am trying to wait until later this week to begin finalizing plans for our family gathering scheduled for Christmas Day. That's easier said and done. Yesterday morning I was awake at 2:30 a.m., essentially waiting for my internal clock to tell me it's okay to get up and get going. Well, as I attempted to nap, all I could think of was the mental lists of all the things that need to be done for our gathering. I hate it when I do that because the more I think about things I wanted to wait on thinking about, it is the more involved I get in my review. What's that? You think you may have a better description than being an eccentric for me? Save that thought and we will cover it as part of my New Year's resolutions. I know. I don't do resolutions. But, I do believe in making plans. I sure hope this doesn't cause me to  wake up with a list of things I should be doing in the New Year. Someone please stop the train because I feel the need to disembark. (I've always wanted to use that word.) Until next time, think some about those verses I mentioned and may God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.  

No comments: