Monday, December 26, 2016

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 1st John 3:2, KJV

Welcome to this abbreviated version of my typical long winded blog. I bring you greetings on this Monday, December 26, 2016. Our family get together was, as I am typically wont to say, more than I could have anticipated, in terms of the joy of our fellowship and feasting. We leave this time of celebration thinking of the famous recognition, "God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!" He has blessed us with another day and we thank Him for it. Each day also brings us one day closer to that time when we will live forever in His presence. Here's a note from a wonderful obituary I read last week. After giving this Godly man's names, nicknames, professional names and family names, (nine in total), these words grabbed hold of me: "But the one he heard on his last day, surrounded by his loved ones, was the one he had been faithfully waiting to hear in his 71.5 years on earth: My Son. He heard the voice of his God call to him, and as any good son, he faithfully ran to him. And while we will miss seeing him among us, we take comfort in the knowledge that he lives in the presence of his God, that he is reunited with those who went before him, and that he was surrounded in the love of those who remain behind." I can't help myself. It made me a little homesick. But until He calls my name I need to be busy in living in a way that seeks to honor His plan and purpose for my life. Amen.

Enjoy your day and may God add His blessings to it. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: