Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." ~ Robertson Davies

Dress Rehearsal, last Saturday
Welcome to Wednesday, November 13, 2013. I've told you before how people's perceptions change with the seasons. Wearing the bushy beard year round makes people at times a little wary. I walk in and men grab their back pocket to hold onto their wallets. The moms hide their children. Okay. That's an exaggeration but it is telling how this all changes when the cooler air of November shows up. This past early Sunday morning I went to the do-nut shop to get goodies for our Bible study class. When I walked through the door a little fellow of about five was standing with his mom. She was placing her order but the little guy cried out, "Hey mom, look, it's Santa Claus." She whirled around and when she saw me her jaw dropped but she then shyly apologized for her son's outburst. I told her not to worry and gave the little guy one of our cards. I don't know which one of them was more excited, him or her. When I finished my purchase and turned to leave the little guy was standing up in his chair waiting for me. When I got near the mom told him to go ahead and tell me. He was sporting frosting on his nose and chin and said in his best and bravest voice, "I hope to see you real soon." I wished them a blessed day and moved on down the road. Not a bad start to the day.

My blog postings have been viewed more than 106,000 times not including those I send out each day via email. That sounds like a lot but think about it. Some have millions. Those landing on mine are most likely looking for something else. I did a blog recently where I quoted Elvis in the title. I didn't know it at the time but that's a sure way to get more hits. That blog jumped to the top in terms of views, therefore, I guess there are still a whole lot of folks still searching on the King's name. The wife and I recently watched a television video of a remake of the 20th anniversary concert given by Elvis in Memphis. It's been around a while but we had never seen it. A remake. They assembled as many of the original folks who had been on stage for that concert and brought them back together. There was Elvis in the middle of a huge screen singing his heart out. Accompanying him live were most of the 1970's original orchestra, band, choir, and Gospel singers. What a technological feat! And, it was interesting to see the talent still there in these older folks. Technology. Pretty amazing stuff, if you ask me.

Some people try to rationalize their cravings. Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree. That makes it a plant, therefore, chocolate must be salad. Here's one to remember. You can tell a lot about a woman by looking at her hands. For instance, if she is holding a gun and pointing it at you, she might be angry. Here's a National Geographic insight. When Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, I bet the other Cheetah says, "You are such a Chea-tah!" And then they laugh and eat a zebra or something. Finally, here's some wisdom we all can use. What life is about is mostly finding quotes and stuff that tell you what life is really about, and maybe a picture of a tree. Here's, something else to keep you busy until next time. Why do people scream "Heads Up!" when you are supposed to duck? That will have to do for today. Take care now, you hear? May God bless each one. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: