Friday, November 29, 2013

Now that we've disposed of the Thanksgiving Day meal, we can get back to the four basic food groups: Fast, Frozen, Instant, and Chocolate.

Hello and welcome to the Friday after Turkey Day. It's November 29, 2013 and I hope you have rested well after that shot of turkey induced tryptophan. I don't want to burst any bubbles here but I think the experts say the turkey sleep deal is mostly an old wive's tale. Chicken and ground beef have about the same amount of that special amino acid, therefore, if you slept well, take it and be thankful for it. As for myself, I am told that turkey, tacos, or tomatoes, it doesn't really matter because I can engage the snooze machine just about anytime my hand hits the recliner lever. I will have to defer my opinion on that until the video becomes available. We had a great day of feasting and fellowship. I hope you did the same.

Last week I heard many suggestions coming out of Washington about how that folks should use the Thanksgiving family gathering to promote the new healthcare law, well, in a word, and you can quote me on it, we didn't. There were even scripts published to help guide people in their discussions. The ones I saw didn't mention one word about canceled policies or out of sight increases. It was all about the free services and the subsidies being offered. Now let me see if I can follow this line of thought. This thing is in such deep trouble they actually wanted people to try and sell it to their families and friends over Thanksgiving dinner. I would say it is shocking they would even suggest this but it really isn't. Nothing much is anymore. I would laugh but it's not the least bit funny.

I sure hope you took the time to read President George Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation from 1789. It was in my blog yesterday and while we are not silly enough to think our founders were without fault, we can take Godly pride in their recognition of the need of Almighty God's providential care if we as a nation were to persevere and prosper. Many of today's so called pundits look at the men like the Father of our Nation, find something they don't like about his life, and essentially attempt to write off and totally disregard his demonstrated faith in the Lord God of heaven. I will take the faith of our founders any day over the anything goes approach that prevails within much of our political leadership of today. You didn't ask for my thoughts but I decided to give them to you anyway. Take care. Enjoy your time off. Your Saturday. Your Lord's Day Sunday. And, before you know it I will be back in your mailbox or at the end of your bookmark or web search, maybe as early as next Monday. As they used to say back home, I'll let you decide whether that's a threat or a promise. May God bless each one. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: