Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The door is open so come on in and sit for a spell.

Hello once again and perhaps for someone, welcome for the first time. It is Wednesday, June 20, 2012 and I say that because of a fellow diabetic who sent me a comment recently about one of my blogs. In my blog I had mentioned reading a note from a sharing forum where the fellow was pouring his heart out because of having worked so hard but he still had developed diabetic induced complications. The man who wrote me said he had read that very note himself and agreed with me that all we can do is to take each day and do our best, leaving the ultimate results in God's hands. He was probably doing a search on diabetes related stuff when he encountered my blog. I do those kinds of searches all the time. I thought it even more remarkable that we both had read that same testimony. Many trillions of digital data flying here and there each second but when it comes down to it, we all share a common bond. He and I are diabetics. You and I are people. All people share common needs. The greatest of these has to do with responding to God by accepting His provision of salvation through Jesus Christ. We also all share in this common struggle called life and it does help to connect with and encourage each other as we go about its pursuit. Amen.

Last Saturday morning I was able to drive over to my old stomping grounds in that small Louisiana town to enjoy a wonderful breakfast with mom and dad. I was there to express my appreciation to dad because of Father's Day. It was a good trip. Thanks to my family I have the satellite radio to keep me company as I journeyed forth and back. I listened to a whole lot of different broadcasts during my more than 6 hours on the road. Old Time Radio is always one of the first that I check out. Southern Gospel helps keep you focused along with that super hot Community I carry along with me for company. News. You can get it in just about as many flavors as Baskin Robbins. Classical music, comedy, NASCAR, political commentary, books being read, and of course, some of my favorites, the old big band Glen Miller style of serenading. The only problem is that I only have 10 preset stations and I most likely need to be able to switch between at least 50 or more. Don't worry. I have figured out a way but it can be a little awkward especially with those other drivers. They actually expect you to stay on your side of the road. All the time. But, it was a wonderful day and I continue to thank God for our parents.

It really isn't as bad as I make it out except for that one pulpwood truck. Just joking. He shouldn't have been on the road anyway. You know. With all that wood covering his lane and everywhere else. Meeting those dudes can be a little disconcerting. It looks like they are coming at you sideways. I will give him credit because when he swerved to miss me, he did a real good job. I am only joking. I didn't have any near misses this trip, that is, that I can recall. That little opening to this paragraph will no doubt get me a phone call from my better half and she will be saying that there had better not be any station changing going on that puts me at risk. I am going to save her a call by saying that I already understand that and will try to do better next time. That's also a joke but I doubt if she will be laughing with me. It is good to be able to enjoy a good story from time to time. I feel sorry for those who never find much in life to smile about. I know there are some who have very good reasons to lack a smile because of their situation or circumstances. However, there are others who just seem to want to be glum about it all. They obviously cannot even see the humor in playing dodge ball with the pulpwood trucks on the way to Louisiana. That was my final joke for the day. I do hope that you will find something to smile about and that God will help us all to honor Him with the lives He has given to us. Amen.          .....More later.

No comments: