Tuesday, April 10, 2012

When two egotists meet, it is an 'I' for an 'I' situation.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Hello again and welcome. It is Tuesday, April 10, 2012, and I bring you greetings from my little spot here on the worldwide web. I typically have something in mind for each day's edition. Yesterday I was pretty much winging my way but I did notice at the end that this fact did not keep me from stringing together what looked like a whole lot of words. There's likely a pretty profound truth in that statement that probably deserves some reflection but I'm way too busy banging on the keyboard to do that. Just joking. Being verbose never means having to settle for just saying you are sorry. Joking again. Verbosity is perhaps one of my most prominent traits. It is defined as someone who is given to the use of a great number of words tending to be excessive. Talk about nailing it. But, as I have often told you in the past, I really do not want to, especially at this late date, mess with what works for me. I suppose in my case freedom of expression includes freedom of excessive expression. I do, however, greatly admire concise writing. Those who can grab and keep your attention while using a limited number of words, well, that's a gift that wasn't handed down to me. I always thought describing something in 25 words or less was a trick assignment. I had a lady tell me that she was doing her best to get caught up on reading my blogs. She said she loved them but it's hard for her to take the time to just sit and read them. Hello? It's not like they are a daily version of 'War and Peace'. Or, are they? I know she meant it as a compliment but I also got the message, and as you can tell it did little to change my approach. Sorry, and thanks, for reading.

One fellow described reading a person's writing that goes on and on like being stuck in a car with someone who doesn't know when to shut up. Ouch! I do remember some people I've heard speak who could make almost anything sound boring. To the best of my recollection, I've never been called boring. However, I do know that whether it's me, you, or someone else, it really does have to do with our own particular interest. I see postings on Facebook all the time where folks are literally doing cartwheels over a particular new game coming out, a new cell phone application, or some other technical gizmo that totally captivates them. Most of that stuff has little appeal to me, therefore, I typically scan and scoot. Sometimes my wife does the same thing when reading my blog. She is so turned off by any and all things political, if she even sees a hint that politics might be the subject she moves on down the page. I tell her that it is important whether we like it or not because typically it will impact every man, woman, boy, and girl here in our country. But, I do understand. A good example is how that everyone does not share my devotion to Community Coffee. That, for the life of me, is a mystery. Although I did enjoy that Hawaiian coffee my friend gave to me, very much in fact, and that Eight O'Clock that my eldest son serves up, it's also pretty good. Okay. So maybe Community is not the only one out there that is good. But, for me, it's still my choice as the best. You may see it differently. And, like the 90 year old lady widow who was active, healthy, and vibrant, when asked about dating, she replied: "Why mess with the rest when you've had the best?" Sounds like a pretty good philosophy to me.

My grandfather used to accuse me of waking up in a new world every minute. I think he meant I wasn't that good at staying focused or paying attention to the task at hand but it could be that when it is all said and done, he was right, and that's why each day my blog ends up being like a grab bag. I have a fellow I know that told me an interesting development for he and his wife. He said since they are not likely to be hanging around for a whole lot longer he decided they should take care of their final resting place. He told me that he had to cough up $24,000 to get all of this taken care of. He said they decided they wanted to be by the pond where they could see the ducks and figured since they would be spending their eternity in that spot, they needed to do it up right. I listened but was not able to really talk to him about all of this but I do have it on my to do list. Folks, truth does matter. It's clear from the Word of God that this life is not the end. When we breathe our last here we open our eyes in another place, not down by the pond watching the ducks in the cemetery. Yes. I know that he is entitled to seeing it the way he has chosen to see it. However, I, at the least, need to let him know what I know about what God has to say on that subject, and that I should share my thoughts with him in a very constructive and loving way. The whole thing was a little unnerving to me. I was actually somewhat stunned. But, we live and we learn. I do hope and pray that you will have a most wonderful Tuesday and until next time I will be seeing what articles I can find to put into the grab bag for tomorrow. May God bless. Amen.          .....More later.

No comments: