Friday, April 20, 2012

Celebrating the birthday of the wife God has given to me. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Good Friday morning to one and all. I bring you greetings from the soon to be vacated premises, at least for the next week, here on the 20th day of April, 2012. If everything goes according to plan we will be having a gathering of the family clan on Sunday to celebrate the wife's birthday which is on Monday. I've been hanging out with her since 1962 and I can tell one and all, she is a remarkable woman. Beloved by her children and their spouses, grandchildren, great granddaughter, siblings, former co-workers, brothers and sisters in our local fellowship, friends, and also by me, the man privileged to be her husband for coming up on 48 years. Her transition from being full time employed to being full time at home has had its own set of issues. She has had to deal with everything from insurance difficulties to procedural snafus and along with that some unexpected health challenges. But, we know that in time these will all be straightened out and we pray that she will be able to adjust to her new situation. God has been good to us in so many ways. He has been faithful. One of the great blessings He has given to me is the wife He chose for me. Today, in keeping with Proverbs 31, I, as her husband, proudly rise up and call her blessed. Happy birthday sweetheart. Yes, you are still the greatest!

One of the things on our agenda next week is to continue our search through boxes for some things we most likely stored during the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. I am aware that this storm occurred in September of 2008. We do have perhaps a dozen locker sized boxes filled with everything from music to nearly 50 years of accumulated paperwork. Maybe we can use this process to do what is typically always hard to do, discard stuff that we really do not have a use for. That could easily be over half of it, if not more. I've seen those folks on TV that buy those storage units and how they sort through all the little stuff. They set up tables and essentially separate every single item so it can be reviewed as a keeper or something for the trash can. Maybe we will do something like that. Take one box at a time. Let the wife and I review every item and make a decision on what to keep. Of course there is always that one piece of paper that is illusive. I think I know where it might have been before it was boxed. My wife was very good to mark each box with its source. I have looked before but this time it will be a thorough search with two sets of eyes at work. It should be interesting. Not really. But, one thing is certain, it will be the ultimate walk down memory lane!

If you don't find anything in your email from the blogger ranch next Monday, you will know that I am otherwise occupied doing this, that, or the other. Since Monday is my wife's birthday, maybe we will do something special. We do have the termite killing patrol scheduled to visit our home today. They tell me it should be completed within a couple of hours. We also know from reading the literature that it doesn't work  instantly. It will take some time for the little critters, if and where they are, to all become acquainted with this lethal injection. Sorry. I know that sounds morbid. I sure hope there's not any folks out there who are protesting the ill treatment of termites because the way I see it, the only good termite is one that has been immobilized, like - - permanently. I used that more kinder and gentler language so as not to offend. I do hope and pray that you and yours will have a wonderful Saturday and that Lord's Day Sunday will find you enjoying the fellowship of God's people. I leave you with my confession of human frailty but thankful that God knew about it, and He planned for it, and because of His provision through the sending of His one and only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, well, I have been made right with the Father and I will spend eternity in His presence. I'll most likely give you an update sometime next week. Until then, may God bless one and all. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: